A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Friday 7 December 2018

Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2018 // Days 1 - 7

Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2018 // Days 1 - 7 Swatches

Ok, the first 7 days of the Ciaté Mini Mani Month are over (already??) and I'm here to do a quick round-up of the week. You can check out the first 7 days of the 2013 version here and you'll see that they really stepped their game up over the years because every single shade this week is just beautiful. We got 3 amazing shimmers, 3 pigmented creme's and 1 shiny top coat. Lets get straight into them.

Day 1 - Cyclone // Purple shimmer with green/gold shift

Ciaté Cyclone Swatch // Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2018 Day 1

Formula - Gelology

Inside the bottle this looks stunning and I couldn't wait to get it on my nails. After two coats I kind of feel it looks like a bruise however dat shift tho. I found it a little hard to capture the shift but I'm so glad I finally have this shade in my collection because I've been staring at it on the Ciaté website for many months now.

Day 2 - Hoopla // Bright Coral Pink Creme

Ciaté Hoopla Swatch // Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2018 Day 2

Formula - Paint Pot

Look at that shade! So bright, so pink, so spring! This shade is the perfect cross between peach, pink and coral and it's bright but not neon. I love this shade, I have a feeling it will be a staple in my spring looks next year. I'm wearing two coats and it's a little thin in some places however if you apply it properly, only two coats will be needed.

Day 3 - Prima Ballerina // Muted Grey Beige Creme

Ciaté Prima Ballerina Swatch // Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2018 Day 3

Ciaté Prima Ballerina Swatch // Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2018 Day 3

Formula - Paint Pot

At first I thought this was exactly the same as the OPI shade I just received in the November Mani & Lola however, you can see that it's just ever so slightly different as Berlin There Done That has more of a purple undertone and is a little warmer but in the bottle they look identical. I love both these shades though and they're perfect for scarf looks (as seen here). I'm wearing 1 coat in the photo and if applied thinly will need two, but one thick coat does the trick nicely.

Day 4 - Purple Rain // Scattered Purple Shimmer

Ciaté Purple Rain Swatch // Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2018 Day 4

Formula - Gelology

This is more of a top coat than a polish to be worn on it's own. I'm wearing 4 coats in the photo and you can still see my nail tips peeking through. It is a beautiful topper though with an icy pink shift. It also has specks of red and blue in there which you can see under a light however my camera was just refusing to pick up them up. 

Day 5 - Gelology Top Coat

This is a great top coat. It's super shiny and thick but not to be used with stamping polishes because it smears them instantly. However this is perfect for smoothing out glitter polishes and dries pretty quick. It does have a weird smell but I can deal with it. I just wish the brush picked up more product.

Day 6 - Iced Frappe // Dusty Pink/Nude Creme

Ciaté Ice Frappe Swatch // Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2018 Day 6

Formula - Gelology

I've actually owned this shade for several years but in the Paint Pot formula. I got it in a glossybox many moons ago and since then it's been one of my go to nude pinks. I much prefer the gelology formula though; it's just so thick and shiny. I'm wearing 1 coat and whereas it can sometimes drag if you've not got enough on the brush, I find it very easy to apply. 

Day 7 - Golden Hour // Rose Gold Shimmer

Ciaté Golden Hour Swatch // Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2018 Day 7

Formula - Gelology

And the last shade this week is the amazing Golden Hour which has become my favourite rose gold shades. I've been using this quite a bit over the last couple of weeks (I may have opened this calendar a bit early....) as a stamping polish and you can see here that it stamps beautifully. This is one I would definitely buy full size.

And that's the first week down! First impressions of the new Gelology range is; I want more! That said they seemed to have vastly improved their Paint Pot formula as these peform so much better than other Ciaté polishes I own. or it could just be because their new and my bottles are getting on quite a bit now. Either way, the mini bottles are super adorable and the shade range is everything you would expect from a Christmas Calendar with a nice balance of shimmers to creme's. Roll on next week!

Days 8-14
Days 15 - 21
Days 22 - 24
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig