A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Saturday 22 December 2018

Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2018 // Days 15 - 21

Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2018 // Days 15 - 21

First I'd like to take a moment for the nails we lost while doing this post. Whilst at work, the nail on my middle finger snapped clean off and so I had to say goodbye to my other nails as well. I usually keep my nails short, however for once I had decided to grow them and was doing quite well...oh well. The funny thing is that my 'other hand' is my main hand yet all my nails on that one never break!

Day 15 - Total Eclipse // Dark Grey/Blue Creme

Ciaté Total Eclipse Swatch // Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2018 Day 8

Formula - Gelology
Another one-coater that reminds me of brand new dark denim. This was another shade where I didn't have to do any clean up and I'm starting to wonder if all the swatches I'm doing this month has seriously upped my polish game and I'm just applying it with more precision now. This is a nice moody shade though that would go nice with a minimal line art look..watch this space.

Day 16 - Supernova // Cream Shimmer with Pink Shift

Ciaté Supernova Swatch // Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2018 Day 8

Ciaté Supernova & Total Eclipse Swatch // Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2018 Day 8

Formula - Gelology
This calendar needs to stop! I can't take it anymore! This beautiful sheer shimmer can be used as a topper to give a pink shift to any polish or on it's own. One coat just gives your nails a shine and then when the light hits it; that beautifully glittery pink comes through. I'm wearing two coats which is still sheer enough to see the nail tip but gives enough coverage to see the silver glitter and the pink. 

Day 17 - Pepperminty // Pale Sage Green Creme

Ciaté Pepperminty Swatch // Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2018 Day 8

Ciaté Pepperminty Swatch // Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2018 Day 8

Formula - Gelology
So this was a shade featured in the 2013 calendar but now it's returned in the gelology formula! It is a little different though in colour with this version being much lighter and more of a pale sage green and the older one a pale minty green with blue undertones. This one is quite runny and definitely needs two coats to achieve full opacity as it's way to streaky with just one.

Day 18 - Tempest // Ocean Blue Shimmer with Purple Shift

Ciaté Tempest Swatch // Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2018 Day 8

Formula - Gelology
If you're a mermaid raise your hands in the air. This week definitely has a mermaid theme going on with the blues, greens and shimmers. There is a clear purple shift in the bottle, however on the nails you need to apply it on top of a darker colour or layer up.  Regardless, the blue shimmer is beautiful just by itself. I'm wearing three coats in the swatch with no base.

Day 19 - Fly Away // Lavender Creme

Ciaté Fly Away Swatch // Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2018 Day 8

Formula - Gelology
If applied thinly, you'll need at least two layers of this true lavender hue. In the photo I'm wearing one coat applied with a steady hand a full brush. Like the others, I barely needed to clean up afterwards. I prefer more pastel shades however this is an elusive shade of purple that I've been needing in my collection; so it's most welcome.

Day 20 - Cookies & Cream // Sandy Beige Creme

Ciaté Cookies and Cream Swatch // Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2018 Day 8

Formula - Gelology
You can almost get away with one coat of this light nude shade, but I'm wearing two just to cover up some slight streakage that was going on. I really like this shade; it's light but a beautiful and will suit anyone. I'm also impressed with the coverage as a similar OPI shade called Samoan Sand is practically like water when compared to this.

Day 21 - Paradise Lost // Pink & Gold Fine Glitter

Ciaté Paradise Lost Swatch // Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2018 Day 8

Formula - Gelology
Oh this one is definitely my favourite for the week. If you thought that this would be a sheer topper like Tempest or Supernova; you'd be wrong. Ready in one coat this is a stunning rose gold glitter with fine pieces of pink and gold scattered throughout for good measure. I love this shade and it's one that I need to have full size.

Verdict

I'm having so much fun swatching this calendar; way more than the OPI. In fact I keep forgetting that I have to swatch that one, the shades just aren't as nice as this one. Also, it's nice to see a larger variety of colours from greens to blues and purples and not just pink.

// Days 1 - 7
// Days 8 - 14
// Days 22 - 24
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig