A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Monday 3 December 2018

Christmas Doilies // Clairestelle8Christmas 2018 Challenge #1

Christmas Doilies // Clairestelle8Christmas Challenge #1 // Icicles & Snowflakes Christmas 2018

My very first Christmas nail art look! And my very first challenge entry as well. I see the challenges a lot on instagram but I'm always to scared to take part (and I have too many assignments...I should not be doing my nails yet here I am...) but I've taken the plunge because why not?

The entry was for the 2nd of December so I'm a day late posting it (whoops!) and the theme was Icicles or Snowflakes. Inspired by the new Crystal plates I got from MoYou and the polishes from my very first Meebox (post coming soon) I came up with this! 

Christmas Doilies // Clairestelle8Christmas Challenge #1 // Icicles & Snowflakes Christmas 2018

It is supposed to be icicles and snowflakes of course but I couldn't resist throwing some of that basic rose gold in there. Because of the shades though these nails do remind me more of my grandma's doilies than winter but I just love pastel shades so much.

I started out with 3 layers of Crush in Lake Como (which is the perfect sheer pink), and 2 layers of Lake and then slathered on some matte top coat; followed by some rose gold art using Golden Hour and Crystal Plates 01 & 03. I then used a combination of Crystal 3 and BP-01 for the snowflakes.

Christmas Doilies // Clairestelle8Christmas Challenge #1 // Icicles & Snowflakes Christmas 2018

Christmas Doilies // Clairestelle8Christmas Challenge #1 // Icicles & Snowflakes Christmas 2018

Is it the best Christmas look ever created? Probably not but it's pink and rose gold. I should do some marble nails with a Christmas tree and have myself a very basic Christmas....

Christmas Doilies // Clairestelle8Christmas Challenge #1 // Icicles & Snowflakes Christmas 2018

Polishes/Tools Used:
Cuccio Colour // Crush in Lake Como (sheer pastel pink)
Zoya // Lake (mint creme)
Barry M // Matte Top Coat
Ciaté Gelology // Golden Hour (rose gold shimmer)
Born Pretty Stamping Polish // #4 (white)
MoYou London Stamping Plate // Crystal 01 & 03
Born Pretty Stamping Plate // BP-01
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig