A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Sunday 2 December 2018

Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2013 // Days 1 - 7

It's time to kick off the festive season with a throwback calendar from 2013!


Day 1 - Snow Globe // Clear Polish with Flakies

Ciaté Snow Globe Swatch - Mini Mani Month 2013 Advent Calendar

Finally! I finally have a polish with flakies because now I can do MATTE FLAKIES. Matte Flakies are the best kind of flakies but most high-street nail polish brands don't do flaky polishes all that often so thank you Ciaté! That said, the flakies are sparse and will need to be sponged on for better effect. They also tend to stick out and no amount of top coat will smooth them down. They're nice for a little something extra though.

Day 2 - Boudoir // Red Creme

Ciaté Boudoir Swatch - Mini Mani Month 2013 Advent Calendar

A pinkish bright red almost bordering on raspberry. You definitely need two coats of this one but it's nice and bright. I don't really wear red shades on their own but this will be perfect for ombre's and what not. This looks a lot darker than it is in photos but this thing is almost neon. It's not for me and it stained the nail fold liek nothing else. Clean up took quite a while with this polish. If you love bright reds though, this is the brightest red. 

Day 3 - Hopscotch // Orange Creme

Ciaté Hopscotch Swatch - Mini Mani Month 2013 Advent Calendar

Oh why didn't I get this in time for Halloween?? Oh well, there's always next year. This is a beautiful true orange shade that will work in the summer though so not all is lost. It's quite pigmented as well and one coat almost does the trick. You can definitely get away with one coat though if you don't look too closely. In the photos it looks a lot more red but trust me this is an orange shade; a hot one at that. I might try and use this for stamping as well.

Day 4 - Miss Mistletoe // Sequins

Ciaté Miss Mistletoe Swatch - Mini Mani Month 2013 Advent Calendar

This is a mini pot of red, gold and pink sequins. I was a little shocked at first when I took the lid off and saw no brush; I thought it was broken! It was very handy of Ciaté though to include a little funnel with the calendar. The glitter pieces are a hexagonal shape and quite large so if you had the patience you could do a nice Christmas style glitter look by placing each piece individually. However, I don't have the patience (or well I didn't the day I did this) so I just tried to place as many as I could on before the top coat dried. Not gonna lie, not my favourite tub of glitter.

Day 5 - Encore! // Dark Orange Creme

Ciaté Encore! Swatch - Mini Mani Month 2013 Advent Calendar

This is almost a direct mixture of Boudoir and Hopscotch. It needs two coats and is much thicker in consistency. It also hasn't photographed correctly either as this is definitely more of a burgundy shade. I do like this much more than Boudoir though as it's no where near as neon bright. If I had to wear a red this is more my style.

Day 6 - Sugar Plum // Sheer Lilac Creme

Ciaté Sugar Plum Swatch - Mini Mani Month 2013 Advent Calendar

My favourite shade so far! This is my kind of colour for a polish. It's a delicate pastel lilac that's sheer; not streaky. I adore this shade. Due to it's cool undertone it's perfect for winter and spring and think it would be perfect as a background colour for a cherry blossom look. You do need around 3 coats though but this is a shade I would probably buy full size.

Day 7 - Fit For a Queen // Linear Silver Glitter

Ciaté Fit For A Queen Plum Swatch - Mini Mani Month 2013 Advent Calendar

And ending the week's polish is this silver polish. This is practically identical to the one I got in November's Mani & Lola only it needs more layers to achieve full opacity. This is definitely not a shade I would wear on it's own as it's not my thing but is more useful for details and stamping.

And that's it for this week, stay tuned for the others!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig