A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Friday 16 August 2019

Beauty Box Review // Birchbox August 2019

Beauty Box Review // Birchbox August 2019

Beauty Box Review // Birchbox August 2019

Oh  my glob, this months Birchbox is hella cute. Last month I was serioulsy debating cancelling but when the designs are this cute and the items are much better; I don't think I will. This was a fantastic box to end the summer months on and I already know exactly the plate I'm going to use to get the design on my nails.

Absolute New York // Glow Balm in Rose Gold
6.5g Full Size - RRP £3.94

Another Birchbox exclusive, this one I don't mind so much because it's full size and I actually quite like it. I am a hoe for rose gold though and this is a delicate shimmer cream. It does rub off super easy and can look just like a glitter on your face after a while but I've never known a cream highlighter to not do that. 

15ml Sample Size - RRP £5.85 (based on £19.50 for 50ml)
Beauty Box Review // Birchbox August 2019

This may be a sample sized but it's a decent sample size for Nuxe and I do love me some Nuxe. This smells wonderful; like their new Florale range. It's a pink gel formula with extremely fine powder in it to gently exfoliate. I also like how they mention on their website that it's quick and easy to use in the shower; always a plus in my book. 

5ml Travel Size - RRP £6

I was surprised to find out that this is the travel size as I chose a 10ml version in a previous Latest In Beauty box but even more surprising is what Balance Me claims this does. Not only is it supposed to be an 'intense shot of hydration' but you can use it to fix your makeup?? The spray on this thing does not deliver a fine mist. Oh no, it feels like a hose pipe of concentrated liquid straight onto your face. This would ruin your makeup, not set it. Instead I use this as a toner as it's said to help combat hormonal spots and I need all the help with them.

50ml 'Full Size' - RRP £1.50

Anatomicals is this strange European brand and to me it feels like if Ikea had a skincare range. It's very weird with amusing slogans and their website doesn't work...or well they've replaced it with aliens right now...anyway, this is a body scrub. It scrubs your body. It smells nice and isn't to harsh. I don't know what more to say.

100ml Travel Size - £2.50

Beauty Box Review // Birchbox August 2019

I always enjoy seeing shower gels in boxes because who doesn't use shower gel? These types of items always get used immediately and I'm happy to say that this one smells very nice. It's not Sol De Janiero; nothing is but it's a pleasant tropical/fruity scent that lathers up well and feels quite silky. The price full size isn't bad either. I also like that their bottles are recycled, cruelty free and vegan.

// Box Contents
// 2 Full Size, 2 Travel Sizes, 1 Sample
// £19.79 Estimated Box Worth

Holy hell, that's the lowest estimated worth I've seen on a Birchbox. In the 2 years I've been subbed, I've never seen it go below £20. Considering the box cost £12.95 it's not great but I have enjoyed the variety in the products this month and they are all practical things that I use on a daily basis (except for the highlighter). I hope Birchbox try to increase their box worth as they're getting very low.

P&P £2.95
Monthly - £10
6 Months - £60
12 Months - £110

pssst...the sneak peak for next month is a Benefit Lip & Cheek Tint in either Posietint or Lovetint...is this 2006? I've not used a lip and cheek tint since I was 14.
Beauty Box Review // Birchbox August 2019
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig