A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Saturday 10 August 2019

Mani & Lola July 2019 // Nail Subscription Box

Mani & Lola July 2019 // Nail Subscription Box

Mani & Lola July 2019 // Nail Subscription Box

Mani & Lola July 2019 // Nail Subscription Box

I am soooo late with this one. This came in the post the day after I left home last month and I had forgotten to change my address because I thought it would arrive whilst I was back so I only just got it last week when I went home. Suffice to say I've now changed my address so everything should start to be on time again. It was so hard as well seeing all the beautiful bright shades that came in July's box and it was just sat there all lonely. Let's start off with the neon shade.

Love at First Skate // Artistic Colour Revolution
15ml Full Size - RRP £8.95

Collection: A New Skate of Mind
Release Date: Summer 2017

Artistic Colour Revolution Love at First Skate  - Mani & Lola July 2019

Artistic Colour Revolution Love at First Skate  - Mani & Lola July 2019

This surprised me as I was expecting a gloopy thick polish but it's actually quite sheer (but not streaky) and very bright. You could use this to layer designs while still having a neon mani; I'm impressed. This is a hot pink Barbie shade though and will be perfect for summer flamingo nails. It also dries spectaularly fast. I'd say that this needs between 2/3 coats depending on how thick you apply your layers; I'm wearing two layers.

Flirt // Cuccio
13ml Full Size - RRP £4.95

Collection: Coquette
Release Date: Spring 2019

Cuccio Flirt Swatch - Mani & Lola July 2019

Cuccio Flirt Swatch - Mani & Lola July 2019

Yes a Cuccio shade, and a white! It's hard to do a good white and Cuccio tried but this isn't the greatest white shade I have. I'm still yet to come across the perfect white that doesn't have any streaks but Essie Blanc is pretty close. The first coat of this is super streaky and the formula is quite thick as well. The second coat is ultra gloopy and I've not had to do this much clean up in a while. It was just not nice to apply. I think this is the first time I've been disappointed with a Cuccio polish.

15ml Full Size - RRP £8.95

Collection: The Neon Collection
Release Date: Summer 2019

OPI Dance Party 'Teal Dawn Swatch - Mani & Lola July 2019

OPI Dance Party 'Teal Dawn Swatch - Mani & Lola July 2019

This is a fantastic blue shade and it goes so well with the white. I really love another shade in this collection called "Pump up the Volume" and it's this super bright neon yellow/green. In fact I love the whole collection. It's also nice to see it's the regular formula as I'm not a big fan of the Infinite Shine (and I don't use gel). This shade is stunning though and quite possibly my new favourite blue shade I own. It has a silk finish, so not quite matte but not glossy. It also dries incredibly fast. I'm wearing two coats as 1 is still sheer but I love this shade. It's my favourite in the box.

Believe or Leave // Nails Inc
14ml Full Size - RRP £10

Collection: I Believe In Unicorns
Release Date: Summer 2017

Nails Inc Believe or Leave Swatch - Mani & Lola July 2019

Nails Inc Believe or Leave Swatch - Mani & Lola July 2019

Nails Inc briefly brought back this set for £30 for a while but now it's gone. I already have quite a few shades from it now and we just got another shade a few boxes back. I feel like this shade would've been nicer in a spring box though and we received another bright shade. That said it is a nice pale lavender shade and I don't actually have a shade quite like this in my collection. The closest is H&M Wild Lilac but that's a bit warmer. This needs at least two coats but applies like a dream. Not a bad shade at all.

Cuticle Oil + // Orly
9ml Full Size - RRP £7.85

Apparently this has won the Beauty Bible Anti Age award? The scent is bloody awful though. It could just be me as it's this chemical orange and cherry but it reminds me of this orange medicine I used to take as a kid and that stuff was revolting and always made me feel sick...yeah this stuff smells exactly like that. Great memories. I do like that this isn't as oily as some pure cuticle oils and it absorbs rather quickly. I eventually added up adding some of my own essential oils to it to try and mask the orange smell but to no avail. I'm not sure if I will use this up.

// Box Totals //
5 Items - All Full Size
Estimated Value - £40.70

// Verdict

Finally, a pretty perfect summer box. Even though the white wasn't the best formula it will definitely be useful for smooshing and drag marble. Oooo maybe that should be my first look with all the polishes; a drag marble with all the shades. I'm very excited for next month though, I'm hoping there are some burnt orange/green shades for autumn. I can finally do some looks using my new Uberchic lovely leaves plates!


Monthly - £20
3 Months - £62.85
6 Months - £113.70
12 Months - £203.40
£2.95 p&p every month
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig