A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Tuesday 20 August 2019

Part-Time Seashell // Clairestelle8 August 2019 Challenge

Part-Time Seashell Clairestelle8 August 2019 Challenge - Seashell beach summer nail design

Part-Time Seashell Clairestelle8 August 2019 Challenge - Seashell beach summer nail design

I legit can't stop staring at my nails. It's like that scene in Family Guy when Peter gets beautiful and he can't stop staring at himself in the rear view mirror and crashes his car. This is me but with my nails. I should go get in my car with my Starbucks cup and take a photo to flex....show off my sick 14 year old Hyundai; that'll show the haters.

I also feel like another scene in Family Guy with these seashell decorations on:


For once I feel like I've had my nails done by an actual nail tech. I'm not sure what that feels like though because I've never had my nails done by someone else. They're just so shiny and glisten-y and duochrome-y. I got inspiration for this mani from Pinterest where I discovered a very talented nail artist called @nailartist_motico

The decorations were super cheap and easy to use; the same cannot be said about the glue. I kinda wished I had filmed this because it was actual disaster at one point with those stupid squirty nail tubes. They were just oozing out glue and then I had a big brain moment and tried to wipe it off with cotton wool...then cotton wool got stuck to everything and it was going all over my nails and not on the seashells. It was a stressful 5 minutes. I then managed to find my brush on glue which was so much easier. Nail hack: ignore glue in tubes and get brush on glue.

Part-Time Seashell Clairestelle8 August 2019 Challenge - Seashell beach summer nail design

Part-Time Seashell Clairestelle8 August 2019 Challenge - Seashell beach summer nail design

How I did it:-
OK so, the ring finger and pinkie are 2 layers of Pretty in Putty followed by a dusting of some iridescent powder from Born Pretty. I wish I could tell you which but it has no identification on it. It was a pale greenish looking one though that shine blue/pink. I then stuck two starfish on them.

The other fingers had two coats of Part-Time Mermaid and Dance Party 'Teal dawn sponged on. The sponge was mainly Part-Time Mermaid with the teal shade blotted around to give some depth in places. I them stamped on some sea foam using Pretty in Putty and the Nicole Diary L09 plate and dabbed on a little of risky business. It's such a great glitter and kind of looks like bubbles with all the different size glitter chunks. I applied a layer of top coat before the decorations; brushed on some glue and then stuck them on.

Part-Time Seashell Clairestelle8 August 2019 Challenge - Seashell beach summer nail design

Part-Time Seashell Clairestelle8 August 2019 Challenge - Seashell beach summer nail design

You can't do anything with these things on, especially if it's to do with your hair because it just gets caught. I'm so glad I'm wearing a peel off basecoat because these would seriously start to annoy me after a few hours. I love how it looks but it's so impractical. Good thing I like doing my nails everyday.

Part-Time Seashell Clairestelle8 August 2019 Challenge - Seashell beach summer nail design

Polishes/Tools Used:
Ciaté // Pretty in Putty (off-white beige), Part-Time Mermaid (blue/green shimmer), Risky Business (blue/purple glitter)
OPI // Dance Party 'Teal Dawn (teal)
Random eBay seller // Sea themed nail decorations
Nicole Diary // L09 Plate
Barry M Hi-Shine // Plumpy Top Coat
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig