A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Monday 16 March 2020

SWATCHES: Daisy DND // 618 Peach Buff & 419 Havin' Cabbler

SWATCHES: Daisy DND // 618 Peach Buff & 419 Havin' Cabbler

It's official; I think peach is my favourite colour of polish this year. I'm just more than slightly obsessed with it. I've also been wanting to get into gel and what a more perfect way than buying a duo gel/regular polish set for £9.71. I've never used anything from the Daisy brand before either so it's nice to explore a new brand! Just a pre-face though, the swatches are of the regular polish, not the gel. I currently don't have any gel top coat and it looks dull without it. I tried a regular top coat but it just makes the gel look lumpy.

Jeez louise though. The fumes from the gel wipe cleanser is insane. I completely forgot that gel stays tacky even after it's cured and was like "my lamp that I bought for £3 off eBay doesn't work!1!!"...I had just forgotten to wipe the sticky coat off. Good thing I had some gel cleanser lying around.

618 Peach Buff // Light Pink Creme
Daisy DND 618 Peach Buff Swatch

Daisy DND 618 Peach Buff Swatch

I love this shade.The pink pastel undertone is everything to me; it's just adorable. I would wear this all day, everyday. It also has the perfect polish consistency; not too runny, not too thick and combined with the brush, it was a breeze to apply. I'm wearing two coats.

The gel shade was easy to build up in thin coats and also had a slightly thicker consistency.

 419 Havin' Cabbler // Neon Peach Creme

Daisy DND 419 Havin' Cabbler Swatch

Daisy DND 419 Havin' Cabbler Swatch

What is a "Havin' Cabbler"? Originally, I misread it as "Havin' a Cobbler" like a peach cobbler but then I read it again and was like


I tried googling a cabbler (which sounds like to cross between a cobbler and a cabbage) and only managed to find this:
I don't think the process of breaking up flat masses to be wrought into iron is what DND had in mind when naming this polish. Name aside, this is another shade I love. It truly is the year of Peach for me. This is a perfect summer shade. I can just imagine the instagram photo now of these nails, my iced Caramel Macchiato and my rings that I bought off wish, posing in front of the wheel of my 15 year old Hyundai.

This is one of those miracle shades though that instantly make you look more tan. It dries with a bit of a silk finish and needs two coats. If you apply one thick blob though you can get away with one coat. The matching gel shade was much thicker and difficult to apply thin coats. It also had a weird smell, but then again, all gel polish smells weird to me.

//Comparison

DND 419 Havin' Cabbler 618 Peach Buff Nails Inc Peach Tease Hot Fuzz Comparison

Once they arrived I immediately thought that they look exactly the same as one my favourite sets I've ever bought; the Kiss My Peach duo from Nails Inc. In the comparison photo below you can see that Peach Tease is more neutral than Peach Buff. The latter has a pink undertone. Hot Fuzz and Havin' Cabbler are the same shade to me but Havin' Cabbler is the neon version of Hot Fuzz if that makes sense. So not quite the same (thank god) but they will produce beautiful gradients...or watermarble...oh man so many ideas to try.

//Verdict

What a solid brand. It seems I got ripped off by Nail Polish Direct as I paid £9.71 per duo and on DND's UK website they're £8.50 each so I'll be getting some more from there in the future. Also, I'm super impressed with the brushes; they're that large curved brush that Ciaté use (incidentally my favourite). It allows you to do the three stroke technique really easy. You also get 18ml for what is essentially £4.25; bargain.

I found that both gel polishes cured easily in 60 seconds but they do have a super sticky finish which you can wipe off with some gel cleanser and lint-free wipes. Or, use the stickiness to your advantage and apply some shimmer powder/glitter.

I will definitely be purchasing some more in the future.

SHARE:

1 comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig