A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Tuesday 3 March 2020

SWATCHES: Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine // Iced Latte, Berry Sorbet, Pink Lemonade

SWATCHES: Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine // Iced Latte, Berry Sorbet, Pink Lemonade

It's March!!! πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰And that means spring is finally right around the corner; oh god it's been so long since I felt the sweet sweet warmth of the sun. In other news, I was not spending money in Superdrug and did not buy more nail polish....

Pink Lemonade // Muted Pink Creme
Release Date: Spring/Summer 2016

Barry M Pink Lemonade Swatch Gelly Hi Shine

Oh boy do I love this shade. It looks like more of a dusty dark pink in the bottle but on the nails it's just a true soft neutral pink. This is a perfect spring shade for floral mani's. It also dries quite quickly for the Gelly range. One coat isn't quite enough, but two does the trick and it dries nice and glossy.


Iced Latte // Vanilla Creme
Release Date: January 2020

Barry M Iced Latte Swatch Gelly Hi Shine

This is a fantastic vanilla shade that isn't too yellow. This is the type of shade that will look good on any skintone. I can imagine this would make a nice coffee watermarble with a brown polish. This one definitely needs two coats as the first is quite streaky.


Berry Sorbet // Pale Blue Creme
Release Date: January 2020

Barry M Berry Sorbet Swatch Gelly Hi Shine

Two coats is still a little streaky for this one as you can slightly see through the polish still but three coats isn't abhorrent for a gelly polish...in fact it's kind of the norm. I love this shade though; it's halfway between pastel blue and mint.

// Verdict

Well, I enjoyed these new spring shades so much I went out and bought 6 more Gelly polishes...They had a 3 for 2 on Feel Unique, don't judge me. This is my first time buying a Gelly shade in about 7 years and I'm not sure why I haven't bought more. They really do look like gel polish. I recently bought some gel and lamp (more on that in a post though) and these polishes have the exact same consistency as the gel ones. With the plumpy top coat on top, you can't go wrong.

£3.99 each

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. They are nice. I had to use 3 for BS as I have ridges uggg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, I like using the Essie Ridge filler to smooth out the base if you've never tried that one?

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig