A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Wednesday 21 August 2019

Essence // Nail Tattoo Liner & Pro White Active Review

Essence // Nail Tattoo Liner & Pro White Active Review

Essence are quickly becoming one of my favourite nail brands because a) they are cheap and b) good quality. I just bought a £3 blusher from them and I love it. It's a beautiful mosaic of peach shades and exactly what I wanted. They seem to be as well, the only drugstore brand in the UK that actively create new ways for you to do nail art. They sell water decals, nail stickers, dotting tools and today I just saw this new nail and cuticle tattoo liner. Seeing as how you can get Essence at any Wilko's, it's ridiculously easy to get hold of. I don't see any other drugstore brands like Barry M, Essie, L'Oreal and Sally Hansen coming out with interesting nail art stuff.

Nail & Cuticle Tattoo Liner // £2

Essence Nail & Cuticle Tattoo Liner Review

Essence Nail & Cuticle Tattoo Liner Review

A quick search shows Europe has had this item for quite a while but I've never seen this in a UK Wilko's before. Why they don't do this in ALL the colours is beyond me because I love this! As you can see it's going to take me a while to learn how to draw straight lines on my nails but it makes it so much easier. I thought you could get the same results with just a regular black sharpie but it drags on the nail a little and isn't as black. I used a few other sharpie colours to add some colour and it looks ok but the colour is no where near as vivid. 

Essence Nail & Cuticle Tattoo Liner Review

Once you're finished drawing you just seal it in with a top coat. This stuff is amazing. I'll deffo be buying some more.

Pro White Active // £1.80

Essence Pro White Active Instant Nail Brightener Review

Essence Pro White Active Instant Nail Brightener Review

This is supposed to help 'instantly whiten stained yellow nails'. Thanks to all the mustard/olive shades I've been wearing I definitely need that in spades so I thought I'd give this a go. I'd say your nails appear pinker at the bottom and a little whiter at the tips but they do say that it's more of an 'optical effect' through a slight pink/purple tint. It's supposed to help prevent staining as well but I haven't tested yet but I'm not sure if I will because it seriously dehydrates your nails. A few minutes after application, they looked like I hadn't applied nail oil in weeks:

Essence Pro White Active Instant Nail Brightener Review

I may use this on top of my peel off base coat but it doesn't look promising. You win some, you lose some. At £1.80 though, I'm not that bothered.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig