A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Saturday 17 August 2019

Safari 'Teal Dawn // Clairestelle8 August Challenge 2019

Safari 'Teal Dawn // Clairestelle8 August Challenge 2019

My first entry for a Clairestelle8 challenge in months! Granted I've already missed a few for August and the Safari one was supposed to be out on the 13th but you know work'n'stuff so here it is:

Safari 'Teal Dawn // Clairestelle8 August Challenge 2019

I love this look. I wanted to do something a little different than all the orange sunset looks as they look great but I feel it's the obvious choice when you think of a safari mani. So I went for an 'almost' dark look with the moon rising in the sky. The gradient turned out perfectly and here is shot on it's on because it's beautiful and could be the base for so many other designs. Galaxy forest at night, canyon, desert road trip...endless.

Safari 'Teal Dawn // Clairestelle8 August Challenge 2019

I used one the new Nicole Diary plates as well as some Nicole diary stamping polishes and I'm pleasantly surprised. The white isn't completely opaque but I'm actually ok with that for this look because I didn't want the moon to be super bright. The plate has a load of interesting scenes on it from the safari to grass with bunnies, dense trees and mountains with dragons. There are also some great individual animal designs and solo trees to help flesh out your scene. For £2 off eBay I couldn't ask for more.

How I did it:-
I did the gradient on bare nails (2 coats) using Bohemian Rhapsody, Dance Party 'Teal Dawn, Take me to Heaven and Monoi; then applied a layer of top coat. Once that was dry I used a dotting tool and some of the white polish to create little stars and stamped on the image of the moon. Then, I placed the safari scene with the elephants, lion and tree on my thumb being extras I added to fill in the gaps. I then added another layer of top coat to seal it all in.

Safari 'Teal Dawn // Clairestelle8 August Challenge 2019

Polishes/Tools Used:
Jessica // Bohemian Rhapsody (dark navy)
OPI // Dance Party 'Teal Dawn (bright teal)
Essence Shine Last & Go // Take me to Heaven (baby blue)
H&M // Monoi (citrus green)
Nicole Diary // Black Knight (black), Born Perfect (white)
Avon Mark. // Gel Shine Top Coat
Nicole Diary // L10 Plate
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig