A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Sunday 20 September 2020

SWATCHES: Zoya Pixie Dust // Stevie, Tomoko, Cece & Beatrix

SWATCHES Zoya Pixie Dust Stevie, Tomoko, Cece & Beatrix


I really wish I had starting collecting the Pixie Dust shades earlier as some of them are becoming hard to get hold of (depending on how much you want to spend). I set up an alert on eBay for pixie dust shades and Stevie & Tomoko were going for £9 (along with Chita, I already have that one but another is welcome). I snapped them up straight away and decided to round up my other Pixie Dust polishes for a swatch post.

Stevie // Lilac matte glitter
Collection: Pixie Dust
Release Date: Summer 2013
Coats: 2

Zoya Pixie Dust Stevie Swatch

Zoya Pixie Dust Stevie Swatch

An oldie but a goldie! I'm so happy I got my hands on this shade as I desperately wanted a matte glitter in a pink/lilac shade after seeing one of Lieve91's latest posts. The first coat is amazing with a light frosted lilac look and the second adds more colour but you can still see your tips peeking through. I love this shade though!

Tomoko // Champagne matte glitter
Collection: Pixie Dust
Release Date: Fall 2013
Coats: 2
Zoya Pixie Dust Tomoko Swatch

Zoya Pixie Dust Tomoko Swatch

Another perfect pixie dust shade...I think it's impossible to have a bad pixie dust polish? This is also another shade I bought in the hopes of mimicking Lieve91's designs..


I also love how this is a cool gold. Brassy ones with yellow tones do not look good on me. As with Stevie, one coat is lovely but a bit sheer. The second produces a much darker gold that almost looks like foil from a distance.

Cece // Lime matte glitter
Collection: Seashells Pixie Dust
Release Date: Summer 2016
Coats: 2
Zoya Pixie Dust Cece Swatch

Zoya Pixie Dust Cece Swatch

I bought this one a while ago for around £5 off Nail Polish Direct but I haven't swatched it on here yet so it's been added to the post! This one has a base of a lime green with the standard silver shimmer pieces but it also has added chunky emerald glitter and smaller gold shimmer. This really does feel more like a summer shade than a winter Christmas green.

Beatrix // Orange matte glitter
Collection: Pixie Dust
Release Date: Summer 2013
Coats: 2

Zoya Pixie Dust Beatrix Swatch

Zoya Pixie Dust Beatrix Swatch

I bought this last October to do some Halloween looks with but it's just too summery for Halloween. Be warned though; this shade stains in about 20 minutes so make sure you're wearing a couple layers of a stain protecting base coat (though I'm not sure that will help).

// Verdict

By far my favourite thing about Pixie dust shades are that they are so easy to apply; I never have to do clean up. I wish I had all of them. I think the closest (and cheapest) to the range is the new Barry M Crystal Rock series. They're all pretty deep colours right now but when I see another 3 for 2 offer on I'm going to buy up the collection because these matte glitter shades make the best accent nails.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. These are all gorgeous. I only have one PD and want more. I do love anything textured honestly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want them all 😭 The Barry M series just doesn't have enough colours to compare to Pixiedust.

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig