A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Tuesday 8 September 2020

Tools // Primark False Nail Set Review

Tools // Primark False Nail Set Review

I've had these false nails from Primark for a good few months now and I've never used them. Since I've been using false nails though to try out designs first; I've been going through them like water so I turned to these to prevent my more expensive tips from running out.

They cost £2.50 for 100 in various sizes...you would think that means 10 of each size but no:

Tools // Primark False Nail Set Review

I had an abundance of size 7, but none in size 6 and only a few size 1. The case also opens backwards; the front sign is actually the back and you should turn it over to open it otherwise you will end up with nails everywhere and you'll have to sort them out again.

Tools // Primark False Nail Set Review

They're a really weird shape as well, I personally would not cut my nails like this but I just chop off the weird claw-like section with clippers and file it smooth. The shape overall is quite odd; or maybe I just have weird shaped nails, none of the sizes particularly fit my nails well. If you have much smaller hands I feel like these would work well for you.

Tools // Primark False Nail Set Review

Another quality issue though is with how flimsy they are. I thought they were going to snap when peeling them off my nail display stands (and I only stick them on with blu tac). They slightly change shape as well when you apply the polish.

Tools // Primark False Nail Set Review

Overall, great for prototyping designs but I wouldn't rely on these for tasks more demanding than drinking coffee.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Never tried them! The way I drink coffee, I'd have lost all of them within a few hours!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig