A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Wednesday 26 December 2018

Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2018 // Days 22 - 24

Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2018 // Days 22 - 24

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful day. I spent it eating myself into a coma whilst watching South Park & The Orville with the fam. I've also got the OPI calendar and 2013 Ciaté one left to post but they just weren't as exciting as this one. Let's get into the last three shades shall we?

Day 22 - Up In The Clouds // Pink & Blue Duochrome Shimmer

Ciaté Up In The Clouds Swatch // Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2018

Ciaté Up In The Clouds Swatch // W7 Breanna Swatch Dupe

Formula - Gelology
I love duochrome shades, especially pink ones as they're just so soft and versatile. This one shifts from baby pink to baby blue (or the reverse if applied on a dark base) and has a multitude of shimmery pieces to give it depth. For a cheaper dupe though, this shade is practically identical to W7 Breanna which is just a tad darker but you can only tell in bright light. I picked up the W7 shade for £1.99 whereas full size Ciaté go for £12 so go get yourself a bargain dupe if you love this shade. In the photo I'm wearing two coats with no base colour.

Day 23 - Red Hot Chilli // Bright Orange/Red Jelly

Ciaté Red Hot Chilli Swatch // Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2018

Formula - Paint Pot
I'm calling this one a Jelly instead of creme because it has pigment but is still slightly translucent. One coat is perfect but you can just see the nail tips peeking through. This is not because of streaks though. I'm wearing two coats in the photo, but one is perfectly acceptable. 

Day 24 - Shooting Star // Shaped Glitter Chunks in Pink Clear Base

Ciaté Shooting Star Swatch // Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2018

Formula - Paint Pot
As the last day of the calendar you would expect it to go out with a bang; something completely extra. Instead we got this; a boring clear polish with some star pieces in it. It looks lovely in the bottle, the problem is that you tend to get one or two star pieces on the brush every now and then. You can could sponge this on but it would still take forever as you can't get any freaking stars out; a huge disappointment. The star pieces also tend to stick up from the nail and even with a thick top coat on; they keep catching on everything. I tried my best to get some stars out but could only manage to get one on each nail. This is basically a top coat with some chunks in it.

// Verdict

And that was the Ciaté Mini Mani Month for 2018! I LOVED this calendar and I'm hoping they'll change at least 80% of the shades for next year because I can buy it again. The shades were varied and full of shimmer and except for Shooting Star, the formula on every single one was amazing. This calendar has made me a Ciaté convert and I'll definitely buying more from their new range. It's also on sale right now for £20 on the Ciaté website, go go go!

My favourite shades that I discovered were Paradise Lost, Golden Hour and Dangerous Affair. These are the ones I'd recommend the most.

Days 1 - 7
Days 8 - 14
Days 15 - 21
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig