A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Wednesday 12 December 2018

The Christmas Edition // Look Fantastic Beauty Box December 2018 Nails

The Christmas Edition // Look Fantastic Beauty Box December 2018 Nails

The Christmas Edition // Look Fantastic Beauty Box December 2018 Nails

I had a lot of fun translating this months box into a nail art design; it just screams "Christmas" and has made the perfect Christmas party nails. This was my first time using a dotting tool as well. I've had them for a while but been scared to use them.

The design of the box also has this matte and shiny striped background and for the life of me I just couldn't get the red right. Roses are Red is close however it's kind of hard to see the difference between the matte and shiny sections like on the box. 

Also, out of the thousand stamping plates I have, one of them doesn't contain the outline of a square...honestly. Looks like I need to buy some more then....I ended up creating some decals which I'll explain later on.

I started out with one coat of Roses are Red and then applied a quick dry top coat. I followed it up with the Barry M Matte top coat and let it dry for around 5 minutes. Then I used the BP-L061 plate with the same polish to create the striped background. 

The Christmas Edition // Look Fantastic Beauty Box December 2018 Nails

Using a small dotting tool and the gold stamping polish I created dots on all fingers except the middle and ring finger. On some silicone mats I applied a layer of top coat, then stamped on a red square using the same colour polish. I then applied a layer of gold, another layer of top coat and peeled it off the mat. I cut it out to the desired size so there was just a neat gold outline and stuck it on my nails. I did it this way because when peeled off the mat, the bottom side is always matte and I needed the squares to be matte without applying another layer of matte top coat (as I needed the shiny parts of my nails to stay shiny). 

The Christmas Edition // Look Fantastic Beauty Box December 2018 Nails

When making decals, you need to leave them for a good 15 minutes to harden up otherwise they'll be to malleable and you won't be able to do much without leaving fingerprints or ripping them. Don't leave them on to long though or they'll just flake off in bits.

I then stamped on the L and F using the Typography 04 plate and used the dotting tools around the image in the same style as on the box. 

The Christmas Edition // Look Fantastic Beauty Box December 2018 Nails

I can't believe I only used two polishes for this look though! Or well, 2 polishes not including top coats...who knew top coat could be so important for nail art!

Stay tuned for some beauty box nail art as I've got both the Birchbox Advent calendar and beauty box planned as well as some other Christmas looks. I've got an assignment due on the 18th though so that's why I haven't been posting as much. 

Polishes/Tools Used:
- Avon Gel Shine // Roses are Red (red)
Born Pretty Stamping Polish // #1 (gold)
Revlon // Quick Dry Top Coat
Revlon Colorstay // Diamond Top Coat 
Barry M // Matte Top Coat

MoYou London Stamping Plate // Typography 04
MoYou London Stamping Plate // Holy Shapes 20
Born Pretty Stamping Plate // BP-L061
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig