A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Sunday 30 December 2018

Five Hand Creams #2 // Nivea, Dionis, Neutrogena, Essie Spa & Embryolisse

Five Hand Creams #2 // Nivea, Dionis, Neutrogena, Essie Spa & Embryolisse

Welcome back to another Five Hand Creams post! I go through hand cream like water so here is where I document my experience with all the different ones I try out. I'm subscribed to a ridiculous amount of beauty boxes as well and I receive at least 1 every month through them, so when one is empty or close to empty I lump them all together for a "Five Hand Creams" post. Lets get into them shall we?

Nivea // Anti-age care Q10 (30ml - £1.50)

I bought this at the airport way back in June for my holiday to Rome as it was very hot there, and sunny, and so my hands needed adequate protection in a Ryanair friendly size. This 30ml tube was very handy and lasted me a good month of everyday use. It has that generic suncream smell thanks the to the UV filters it contains but at least I know my hands have some protection from the sun when using this. You can pick these up easily at any Superdrug in their ever growing holiday minis section. I'd definitely buy this one again for another trip.

Dionis // Goat Milk Hand Cream Roseberry (59ml - £6.29) (30ml version in picture)
I can only ever find this brand in TK Maxx and thought it was one of their own brands but it's actually an American brand and rarely sold anywhere over here. I bought the vanilla bean scent a couple of years ago now and never saw it again til now. I tend to pick them up for 99p and find them great for the price. If I'd have paid £6 though; I'd be annoyed as they don't moisturise all that well. I tend to think of them as perfume for your hands as the scent lingers for quite a while. This one is a sweet floral scent that has nothing to do with roses. When I see them, I pick one up but I wouldn't purchase this full price.

Neutrogena // Hand Cream Concentrated (15ml - £1.50)
Another mini that I picked up as the minis in Superdrug are always 3 for 2 and you can never have enough hand cream. I've had this one before and it's OK but it's nothing special. It's a very thick Vaseline type cream that takes a while to absorb and can leave you rubbing your hands together for a while. It says just a dab is needed but I always need more than that. It's also not as satisfying as I would like when applied to dry hands as it's rather dry feeling itself...I hope that makes sense...probably not. I think this will be the last time I buy it though.

Essie Spa // Intensive Hand Lotion Coriander Oil + Glycerin (248ml - £4.95) (75ml in picture)
This is now no longer sold and as you can see in the photo I got it on offer for £2.04 in an outlet store. It's a shame because I do like this hand cream. It's got more of a lotion consistancy and really coats the hands and nails. I find it too greasy for regular use but I use this when doing manicures to give myself that 'spa' feeling. I think I'd be tempted to give other Essie Spa products a go after trying this.

Embryolisse // Lait-Créme Concentré + Gloss (20ml - £8.25)
And last but not least is this hand cream/lip balm duo I received several months ago in the Birchbox Work It box. This is a fantastic idea as lip balm and hand cream are my two most used skincare items. That said I've found the dome lip balm top likes to melt and slide off if it gets too warm, so perhaps it should have been more of a tube shape to prevent that? The cream on the other hand is thick and rich with barely any scent. This appears to be on sale quite often on Feel Unique and if it weren't for the ridiculous amounts of hand cream I already have I'd purchase another.

Have you got any to recommend? Or any you detest? Let me (and others) know below!

Also, Happy New Year everyone! I hope you have a wonderful night and a fantastic New Year!

*none of the links in this post are affiliated, just ones I found off google
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Great blog.It is very helpful for enhancing the products in my salon.
    The best way to book your Salon Appointment through online
    Salon Software

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig