A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Tuesday 26 February 2019

Roses // #Clairestelle8 Valentines Challenge

Roses // #Clairestelle8 Valentines Challenge

This is so late! I feel like that has just been my motto throughout all of February. I've got a full formative deadline for my dissertation due in 10 days and I'm completely freaking out. But anyway, here is my attempt for the 'Roses' prompt of the Clairestelle8 challenge on the 19th. 

This is actually my fourth attempt at this prompt as the other three were just awful. I tried doing a stained glass window look which I hated and painted over it with this blue smoosh which turned out atrocious. I then did some lime green and coral nails....yeah. I have so many looks to put in this months FAIL post.

I'm not super happy with how these turned out either but you can't really mess up when using this glitter because when the sun hits it, magic happens;

Roses // #Clairestelle8 Valentines Challenge

This glitter is my favourite and the holo sparkle from it is the best you'll find. I wanted to do something a bit more spectacular but with limited rose stamping designs (and not much time) I was stumped.

How I did it:-
I started out with a layer of top coat and when it was just about dry I used an eyeshadow applicator to apply the glitter. I believe this is called 'burnishing'; it creates a nice smooth effect and really helps with holo glitter. I then applied another layer or top coat and did the same; ending with two layers of top coat. Using a white stamping polish I used the design from the Princess plate on top. Also, I won't be using the China Glaze top coat with stamping polish again as it just smeared it really bad.

Roses // #Clairestelle8 Valentines Challenge

Polishes/Tools used:
- Elite Glitter Manchester // Sweet Pink 004 Glitter
- Born Pretty Stamping Polish // #4 (white)
- MoYou London Stamping Plate // Princess 12
- China Glaze // No Chip Top Coat
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig