A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Wednesday 6 March 2019

SWATCHES: H&M // Nefertiti, Barely Peach & Kalahari

SWATCHES: H&M // Nefertiti, Barely Peach & Kalahari

SWATCHES: H&M // Nefertiti, Barely Peach & Kalahari

OK, so I've been staring at h&m polishes for a while now because they're not overly expensive (£3.99 each) but they're too expensive for a clothing brand polish and an 8ml size. Their website is also very dodgy and makes every single polish look amazing. I was fooled by that website big time. 

Nefertiti // Gold Glitter

Nefertiti H&M Swatch // Gold Glitter


This was the polish that made me purchase in the first place. The photo makes it look like a stunning metallic gold foil type polish. Instead its a chunky dark gold glitter. It's not an awful gold shade as it's not too yellow but I'm severely disappointed that I paid even £3 for this. I was really hoping to do some stamping with this but it's just gold glitter suspended in a clear polish.

Barely Peach // Sheer Peach Shimmer Top Coat

Barely Peach H&M Swatch // Sheer Peach Shimmer Top Coat

This polish actually makes me angry. I'm seriously thinking of sending in a complaint to h&m about this one because it is nothing like how it is advertised.


This is it's listing and nowhere on this page does it state that this a SHEER shimmer top coat. That photo makes it look like a beautifully pigmented peach shimmer/foil, instead I got this weak-ass top coat. I even paid full price for this; I wouldn't pay 99p for what I got. In the bottle you can tell it's a clear polish with shimmer pieces, if I'd picked this up in the store I wouldn't have bought it....no wonder you can't buy their nail polish instore. It's a scam. I stopped at five coats of this stuff and sponging it instead is no different.

Kalahari // Dusky Pink Creme


Kalahari H&M Swatch // Dusky Pink Creme

Again, not what I was expecting. I thought this was a ballerina pink shimmer. Their photos are just the worst.


Instead it's a dusky pink creme. It's not a terrible creme though so I'll actually let this one off as I can see myself using this one. I tried putting Barely Peach on top and it looks ok, but I wouldn't have bought Barely Peach for soley that reason. This one applies well though which gives me hope that their cremes are actually quite good. I think it's also the perfect nude for my skin tone so it gets another plus there. But I can't quite get over how drastically different the shade is to whats advertised.

SWATCHES: H&M // Nefertiti, Barely Peach & Kalahari

//Verdict

Stay away from h&m polishes. If you can find these in store somehow, please go look at them first because they are nothing like the photos online. Even Born Pretty does a better job at representing their polishes than this.

All I can say is that I like their bottles; they're clean and classy but my god am I annoyed at spending £10 on three polishes that were nothing like they were advertised. I just bought seven for £9 from Born Pretty and they're better than these three. 

The only time I'll ever be buying h&m polishes again are if they're on sale for £1; even then it might not be worth it.

H&M Nail Polish
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig