A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Wednesday 13 March 2019

Makin' Waves // Glitter Mermaid Nail Art

Makin' Waves // Glitter Mermaid Nail Art

What's this? Some nail art? I know it's been a while. I had a quite a big deadline for my dissertation the other day and I've been working on it non-stop. It's not the final hand in, but there's only two months left and I can't afford to fall behind. I've worked so hard these past three years, I can't fail now. However, since I've caught up on my work, I've scheduled in some 'me' time as I've not had much fun. Doing my nails last night for the first time weeks was so nice!

Clairestelle8 over on Instagram has a March challenge and whereas I won't be actively trying to complete it this month (I have to much work to do), I'll be dipping in and out fo the challenges. The prompt for the 9th was 'Mermaid'. I wanted more than anything to just to mermaid scales but I forced myself to something a little different. Plus I've been wanting to use this glitter since I bought it in January.

Look at it! It's so beautiful. Money well spent.

Makin' Waves // Glitter Mermaid Nail Art

Makin' Waves // Glitter Mermaid Nail Art

How I did it:-
I started off with 1 layer of Mint Chocolate Chip. The middle finger uses a design on Sailor 06 and a mixture of Dream Holiday and #284 ( I know it doesn't look like it, but there is a gradient there). The index finger uses Sailor 18 which has 3 different waves patterns on it. I used these with Deep Ocean, Surf's Up and #17 to create the waves. I did the top colour first, then the black tail fin, then the next two colours. To top it off I used some of the stars at the top of Sailor 18 with Stop, Shop & Roll. The glitter is then two sponged layers with two layers of top coat to get a nice smooth look.

Makin' Waves // Glitter Mermaid Nail Art

Makin' Waves // Glitter Mermaid Nail Art

Polishes/Tools Used:-
Morgan Taylor // Wrapped In Riches (teal glitter)
Morgan Taylor // Mint Chocolate Chip (pastel mint)
Morgan Taylor // Stop, Shop & Roll (metallic teal)
MoYou London Stamping Polish // Dream Holiday (sky blue)
MoYou London Stamping Polish // Surf's Up (cerulean)
MoYou London Stamping Polish // Deep Ocean (ocean blue)
Born Pretty Stamping Polish // #17 (blue)
Born Pretty Stamping Polish // #284 (pastel blue)
Born Pretty Stamping Polish // #3 (black)
- Avon Mark Gel Shine // Top Coat
MoYou London Stamping Plate // Sailor 06 & Sailor 18
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig