A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Saturday 2 March 2019

Valentines Schmalentines // Nail Fails #2

So there were four other designs last month that I just couldn't bring myself round to post as I wasn't proud of them in the slightest. However, it's nice to see people fail sometimes; it's a good reminder that we're only human after all and you can become skilled anything with enough time and practice. I clearly still need more time and practice lol.

So, here are the designs I didn't want to show off this past February:

Fail #1 // Wedding


So this was the design I did for the Clairestelle8 Wedding prompt and it was based off a popular pin on Pinterest. That look used rose gold and pink and to be different I used blue and gold. I don't think it's terrible. I'm surprised how neat the detail looks considering I had to *shudder* free-hand it. I'm terrible at free-hand, I'm no artist and never will be however the french tip decals I had were too strong and kept ripping up the polish. Don't buy nail tips from Avon everyone.

Fail #2 // Hearts


I literally have no idea what this is supposed to be. I was swatching a colour because there was nothing on my thumb (a sign that I was swatching) but I can't remember what it was now. Regardless, I clearly decided to stick a glitter top coat on, then add some stamps for no reason. This is just a jumble of stuff with clearly no thought put into it. I give it 2/10. Next 👏 Nails 👏. 

Fail #3 // Roses 


WHAT WAS I THINKING?? I am disgusted by this mani on so many levels I think I triggered myself. Excuse me whilst I hold an #ifndef_nails_h_ is over party. This actually started out with a black base coat and I was attempting to do a stained glass look with roses....it did not go well so I just thought "fuck it, I'll smoosh it." And smoosh it I did....this was my first attempt at smooshing, it kind of looks like sewage water in some places and nothing says romance quite like sewage water....My thumb is the part I can't get over the most; just ew to this whole thing.

Fail #4 // Roses II - The Rosening


Ok, so this actually isn't that bad. I had just received some new Born Pretty polishes and really like the coral colour. I think this would be ok without the roses but I had to incorporate roses into it in someway otherwise it wouldn't fit the prompt. I don't think this had been executed badly, nor does it look bad; it just makes no sense to me.

And that's it for this compilation. Don't worry, this won't be the last one. There are plenty more fails instore. Here's the first fail post if you'd like some more:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig