A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Monday 27 May 2019

Beauty Box Review // FabFitFun Spring 2019 (UK Reviewer)

Beauty Box Review // FabFitFun Spring 2019 (UK Reviewer)

Beauty Box Review // FabFitFun Spring 2019 (UK Reviewer)

Ok, I know I'm a nail polish blog but I just can't help myself anymore. I'm obsessed with subscription boxes (I have 6 now, send help) but, I rarely drink, I don't smoke and my idea of a crazy night out involves buying a large popcorn at the cinema...so I guess it's ok then. Before this I had a beauty blog and I think it was reviewing make-up that really made me start to hate it mainly because I prefer skincare. So, with my degree wrapped up now and a little more time on my hands I'm gonna start adding beauty box and skincare to the blog; but mainly nails lol.

ANYWAY, FabFitFun ships to the UK now!! I had heard of this box but dismissed it as it's one of those big American boxes that you could never get over here, but now you can. Recently Jaina over at WhichBeautyBoxUK (one of my favourite blogs) posted her Spring Box haul and holy moly my eyes lit up. The customisation, the full sizes, the mixture of skincare and homeware; it's just the perfect box for me. Did I mention that they only send full size or travel sizes? No samples in sight and there is around 8 products per box.

Now the price may put you off a little, but it's only 4 boxes a year. You can pay $49.99 a box and skip seasons if you don't want to be tied down or pay $179.99 for the year. Now for the UK you have to pay taxes and extra shipping ($10 per box for shipping which is shockingly low for the US). I took out the yearly sub as you get early access to the legendary 'add-ons sale' as well as extra customisation options that you don't get a seasonal member.

Here is a full price breakdown for the UK yearly membership:
-FabFitFun VIP Annual $179.99
-UK P&P $40
-VAT $44
- Total = $263.99 

After conversion I got charged exactly £202.56 meaning each box costs £50.64. That sounds a lot for the box but just wait till you see what's in them. 


I took out my subscription on May 1st and on the 2nd they started selling the summer box only so I got in there just in time to get this amazing box. And yes, that total value says $271.95 (£208.20). I've already re-couped the cost of the subscription in one box.

Now it's bit strange how it works but they seem to have 5 catagories that you can pick one item from and then 3 items that everyone receives in the box. All members get to pick an item from the first 3 catagories, but then only annual members can choose in the next 2 (seasonal members get a random pick). Also, annual members get early access to customisation so some items may have sold out by the time seasonal members get to pick.

Show Me Your MuMu Brie Robe // RRP $84 (£64.31 - converted, no UK price)

Beauty Box Review // FabFitFun Spring 2019 (UK Reviewer)

I had never heard of this brand before but after taking a peak on their website they sell beautiful but hella expensive clothes. This robe is stunning though and was my top pick out of the first catagory. There was also an aromatherapy diffuser (but it had sold out by the time I subbed) or a bag (which had also sold out). It's a good thing I really wanted this robe out of the two anyway lol. It appears to be an item created specifically for the box and that would make me side-eye it a little however, it appears to be one of the cheaper items on their own website as similar robes are $130+ so I feel that they haven't over inflated the value.

I love this robe though, I wear in inside, outside; anywhere. It's light and soft and I have to do nails of the print. I'm obsessed with it.

Korres Wild Rose Vitamin C Brightening Sleeping Facial // RRP $48 (£36.75 - converted, no UK price)

Now, on their US website this is listed as $48 however on their EU website it's 34.80 which would make it £7 cheaper for us UK'ers. Either way, in this category you could choose between 2 designs of Quay sunglasses (they had sold out but I wasn't bothered, I'm not buying over-priced sunglasses from Morphe), a picnic set or this cream. Since I am obsessed with skincare, I chose this cream. Brightening is definitely something I need and I'll post a review on it once I finish the jar entirely. First impressions; it smells wonderful and not particularly like roses but sweet and it's quite thick which I love for night creams. I have a few to use up though first so this won't get used for a while.

Giadzy Copper Plated Measuring Spoons // RRP $16 (£12.25 - converted, no UK price)

Beauty Box Review // FabFitFun Spring 2019 (UK Reviewer)

These are so me. I wanted them the second I laid eyes on them as my entire kitchen is a basic white marble and copper kitchen. This category was the spoons, a body lotion or a mystery item and it was a no brainer for me. I love these spoons and will get a lot of use out of them as I'm constantly baking.


They sell this in the UK for £18 which is £2 dearer than the US once converted but oh well. This was the one item that I was like "I guess I'll have that then". In this catagory there was a silver necklace, the powder or a stainless steel water bottle. I really wanted the water bottle but it had sold out. I don't wear jewellery so I chose this as at least I can sell it on if I don't like it. 

Daily Concepts Daily Detox Brush // RRP $18 (£13.78 - converted, no UK price)

This category was either this brush, a cleanser or a skipping rope (I guess they're called fabfitfun for a reason) and I chose this as I have far too many cleansers to get through already and I go to the gym instead of working out at home. I've been receiving this brand a lot in my Pink Parcel (I got a facial scrubber this month) but not all their products seem to be sold in the UK yet.

The following items were sent out in all boxes:

Manna Kadar Champagne Charcoal Body Scrub // RRP $24 (£18.37 - converted, no UK price)

I've had a few Manna Kadar items in my Birchbox but always from their make-up range so I'm excited to try this. It's also rose gold. I just love that I'm getting to try all these products that you would never get over here in boxes; and it's full size. My friend also eyed this one up instantly when I showed her the box so I may scoop out of the tub for her as there's no way I'll get through this thing all by myself; it'd take me a year.

Ouai Leave In Conditioner // RRP £22 ($26 US price)

Yes! Finally, a conditioner! All I get in boxes are shampoos or smoothing serums and I'm sick of it. I also love Ouai so I'm so happy to have a full size leave-in spray. My current favourite is the Aussie Miracle Moisture Spray and I was just about to run out so it's good timing. This looks like a thick cream in the bottle but actually is a lightweight spray that leaves my hair feeling soft. So far so good.


Holy moly, that's a name and a half for an eye cream. The US version also has quite the price mark-up and is £5 dearer when converted. Either way, I'm very happy to have this as I've been wanting to try out Dr. Brandt for so long. The Pores No More seems to be quite a cult product but I'll take this full size eye cream thank you very much. You would never see this in a UK beauty box and I can't believe it's in here. Thank you US beauty boxes!!

// Product Totals - 8 Items All Full Size
// US Price - $280
// UK Prices - £212.96

// Verdict
I've used RRPs specifically from the each companies own website and by doing that the box total has risen slightly! Either way, what an unbelievable box. I love the mix between home and skincare as well as finally getting access to brands that are normally difficult to get hold of here in the UK (and for only $10 shipping on the box). 

I bought the box on the May 1st, received a shipping notification on the 3rd and it arrived on the 8th with no import charges. That's probably the fastest shipping I've ever had from the US.

For the next box I was able to shop the 'add-ons' sale and I managed to control myself and only spent around £15 but got some fantastic goodies from brands I've never heard of but seem to be sold only in the US. They had around 300 items to choose from and whereas I would have loved to add more; I'm moving soon for my new job (as a real software engineer, looks like my degree paid off) so I need to pay for deposits and other things. Come August though, I'll be shopping that add-ons sale like no ones business. I mean, it does only happen 4 times a year and there are some crazy discounts going on (like Sol De Janiero for £10!!!) But I'll write about that specific haul when I get it. 

I'm currently waiting for the Summer box but I'll do a video on that and try and make this post a little more concise for next time (as well as take more photos....).

Beauty Box Review // FabFitFun Spring 2019 (UK Reviewer)

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Shipping from India to UK is been increasing since the online shopping has risen to bring more sales to the brands which are shipping internationally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Good blog always comes-up with new and exciting information, thank you for sharing useful content.
    tax consultant in London

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig