A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Sunday 12 May 2019

SWATCHES: H&M // Dawn Song, Haute Heat, Will-O'-The-Wisp, Colour Therapy & Wild Lilac

SWATCHES: H&M // Dawn Song, Haute Heat, Will-O'-The-Wisp, Colour Therapy & Wild Lilac

So I thought I'd bought all nine shades in this 'limited edition' collection. A day after ordering this lot, they put up three more shades....clearly they know that I am a ho for nail polish cause I bought those three new shades as well lol. I also had a 20% discount code so I may have ordered a few other shades....I have a problem.

Dawn Song // Chunky Duochrome Gold to Pink Glitter

H&M Dawn Song Swatch - Nail Polish

H&M Dawn Song Swatch - Nail Polish

This looks beautiful on the website and even more mesmorising in person but it's kind of a lie. If this was a gold to pink foil then they would've cracked it. But it's a chunky glitter suspended in a slightly orange tinted base. It's not flip-the-table-in-anger bad, in fact the more I use it the more I like it but damn if it was a foil...Anyway, this is like Barely Peach from the last post but so much better. The shift really saves it as it's this beautiful soft dusky pink. One coat is ok, but two coats is where the magic happens. I love how this is glitzy enough for special occasions but soft enough for spring and summer day outfits. This is one of those shades where you will constantly be moving you hand about in the light to see the shift; it's amazing.

If you layer it over black, the pink really comes to life as well but it looks naff on top of white. Either dark shades or bare nails are the way to go.

Will it stamp? Lol no. I mean, I tried to and the shape was there thanks to all the glitter but it really only shows up on dark shades and even then it's not great. I wouldn't stamp with this.

Haute Heat // Dark Yellow Shimmer

H&M Haute Heat Swatch - Nail Polish

This is not what I was expecting from the photos on H&M. There it looks like a rustic gold shimmer but on the nails it's more rustic yellow mustard...It is a darker yellow shade but I'm not sure what to make of it. It reminds me of shimmery daffodils. It is nice and glossy and you could get away with one coat but I'm wearing two just to cover up some slight patches. I don't hate this shade mainly because it actually suits my skin tone but it is a weird shade.

Will it Stamp? It does and some of the colour and shimmer is still there but it's translucent. It would probably look the best on top of black or pastels. Not the greatest.

Will-O'-The-Wisp // Green to Pink Glitter in clear base

H&M Will-o'-The-Wisp Swatch - Nail Polish

H&M Will-o'-The-Wisp Swatch - Nail Polish

This was definitely my least favourite of the collection and if it weren't because I'm a weirdo who needs things in sets I probably wouldn't have bought it. It looks beautiful in the bottle; like sparkly unicorn dream with a pink/green/silver shift. On the nails it's a clear base with green and pink shifting glitter. It looks nice under light but other than that it doesn't look like you're wearing anything. I guess this is more of a top coat to make anything a mermaid mani. On top of black the green really comes out and it almost looks like a green glitter polish. It does look quite cool in the dark when the light hits it. I imagine this would look great at a proper 90's rave.

Will it stamp? Absolutely not.

Colour Therapy // Dark Pink Shimmer with Lavender shift

H&M Colour Therapy Swatch - Nail Polish

H&M Colour Therapy Swatch - Nail Polish

Holy moly. This looks amazing in the bottle  and amazing on the nails. This is the shade that Berry Fairy Fun from OPI wants to be. I feel like H&M were heavily inspired by OPI's latest Tokyo collection for this shade as it's strikingly similar to Samurai Breaks a Nail but this is way more pink. I do love the formula though, it glides across the nail. I'm wearing two coats.

Will it stamp? Yes and it's quite delicate but in a nice way. Or maybe it's just the new botanical plate I used. Either way it looks good on light shades and you get the added benefit of all the shimmery bits. It isn't fully opaque though.

Wild Lilac // Pastel Lilac Creme

H&M Wild Lilac Swatch - Nail Polish

H&M Wild Lilac Swatch - Nail Polish

This is perfect lilac creme for spring. It needs at least two coats as the first is super patchy. So much for H&M and their claim on the website that all the polishes are perfect in one coat. I think this would like nice in a smooshing design with white.

Will it Stamp? Yes, but as you can see it's very faint and smudges easily when stamping.

// Verdict
The shimmers are no where near as nice as their creme formula but I'm not angry this time. I really love how Colour Therapy looks when stamped and I'll have to do something else with that one. And Dawn Song is winning me over; it really is pretty even if it isn't what I expected. That one I wholeheartedly recommend.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig