A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Tuesday 5 May 2020

Hello Monstera // Pink & White Monstera Leaf Nail Art

Hello Monstera // Pink & White Monstera Leaf Nail Art

Yes, more pink nails! More monstera! I just wanted to do something simple after work and I wanted it to be pink with green leaves...as usual. This will also tide me over until my Barry M/China Glaze haul arrives. I promised myself I wouldn't buy any nail polish in quarantine but then Barry M had a 20% off code (and a lot of items on sale) and I then discovered the 2015 Summer China Glaze collection....I've literally just bought 15 pink/peach shades and I'm not even mad.

Hello Monstera // Pink & White Monstera Leaf Nail Art

Hello Monstera // Pink & White Monstera Leaf Nail Art

Anyway, in other news I've decided to finally turning my hobby into a weekend job once we're all allowed back out again. I started looking into how to get a licence and discovered that unlike the US, the UK does not require a nail technician to have any formal training or qualifications which is kind of disturbing. To think that anyone can just go round offering services like a professional with no training, is not only demeaning to hardworking nail technicians who have trained for years but just downright dangerous. 

Due to this, I wanted to get some training in but I really can't afford right now to do some of the courses I really want because they're £1k+ so I paid for an online course a couple days ago and I'm going to ask for my money back from them because it is shocking how much information is inaccurate. For example, they incorrectly teach that the the nail fold is the cuticle and that it's necessary to cut it. I'm a hobbyist nail artist and even I know that's wrong. They also had a entire module on "best customer practices" in which they teach you to talk to the client and ask them if they want a drink??? Like that's just common courtesy, why did I pay £25 for this? And that was on sale! It's normally £100. What did I expect for £25 though? At least the course gives me access to a Salon Services trade card so I can buy at wholesale prices. That was worth £25. I guess I will just continue to save so I can do a proper course but for the moment I feel I'm more than ready to just do standard manicures and gel nails.

Hello Monstera // Pink & White Monstera Leaf Nail Art

Hello Monstera // Pink & White Monstera Leaf Nail Art

Alright, rant over, back to the nails. This look comprises of my favourite pink polish and two monstera leafs that were stamped on but then I used acrylic gouache to add some extra detail. I'm so happy with how they turned out, they almost look like water decals!

Hello Monstera // Pink & White Monstera Leaf Nail Art

Polishes/Tools used:-
- Ciaté // TuTu (pale pink)
- Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine // Cotton (white)
- MoYou London // Hello Absinthe (green)
- Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy  // Diamond Top Coat
- Pebeo Studio Gouache // 11 Blanc, 48 Primary Yellow, 42 Emerald Green
- MoYou London Stamping Plates // Tropical 23
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. This is gorgeous :-D

    OMG you will have to post the haul. I got lots of Barry Ms too and bloody Kiko had a great offer, 5 for £5 so ordered too many haha. You and me need help ;-D

    I think you will be great at it :-D And why not, you enjoy it. Surprised it isn't regulated huh? I have never had my nails done by anyone, but have often painted and done Frenchies for people, but that is about it! Oh dear.....trade card...dangerous thing to have ;-D ;-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much 😊

      I will post haul! And now you've told me about the 5 for £5 deal.....well 😂 I will have to check that out!

      I've also never had my nails done by anyone else but I always assumed you had to have some sort of licence due to health and safety. The trade card is dangerous though....I must resist lol.

      Delete
    2. Well were you bad on Kiko's site? I honestly cannot help myself with a polish bargain!

      Delete
    3. I managed to behave! 😂 It's so difficult; I'm just glad they were all in finishes/colours that I'm not all that interested in right now. Looking forawrd to seeing your swatches though!

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig