A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Thursday 21 May 2020

SWATCHES: Cuccio // Pinky Swear, Mystery In Milan & Verona Lace

SWATCHES: Cuccio // Pinky Swear, Mystery In Milan & Verona Lace

SWATCHES: Cuccio // Pinky Swear, Mystery In Milan & Verona Lace

First off, let me apologise for the chip on my index finger in some of the photos. I then chipped another finger a day later and filed them all down to match. With that out of the way, lets talk about the polishes. I bought Pinky Swear a couple of weeks ago when I also purchased these China Glaze polishes. I bought the other white shades sometime last year and decided to swatch them all as there aren't that many swatches of Cuccio polishes online. Hopefully these are helpful to someone!

Pinky Swear // Light Pink Creme
Collection: Pastels
Release Date: Spring 2014
Coats: 3

Cuccio Pinky Swear Swatch

This pastel barbie pink is a streaky one and I'm convinced that no matter how many coats you do, it will always be slightly streaky. It photographs well but up close you can still see patches of your nail coming through and it' slightly annoying.


Mystery In Milan // Off-White Creme
Collection: Amore
Release Date: Summer 2013?
Coats: 3

Cuccio Mystery In Milan Swatch

Cuccio Mystery In Milan Swatch

This is quite a tricky shade to apply and the first coat is just all streaks. When researching to find when it was released, the only post I could find one this one by The-Mani-Fest posted in 2013. However, they show and describe this as being a "classic clean white" which this clearly isn't. I have a feeling this shade may have been re-released later as the off-white I have now. I do like this shade though as it makes me look more tan but it needs at least 3 coats to cover the streaks. Once it's built up it kind of reminds me of Ciaté Pretty in Putty which is ready in 1/2 coats but, that costs £12 full size and this is only £3.95.

Verona Lace // White Creme
Collection: I Left My Heart In San Francisco
Release Date: 2012
Coats: 3

Cuccio Verona Lace Swatch

Cuccio Verona Lace Swatch

I didn't realise this shade was so old! I also have the shade I Left My Heart In San Francisco which is a wonderful sheer pink. As a white shade this is not the easiest to apply and is quite streaky; it's not Barry M Cotton or Ciaté White Heat. It is a classic white though and you can see the differences this and Mystery In Milan more clearly here:

Cuccio Mystery In Milan and Verona Lace Comparison

I'd say this is easier to use than Flirt though that I swatched here back in July. Flirt is part of the Spring 2019 Coquette Collection and is pretty much identical. This one dries with brush strokes though which is a pet peeve. So far I have not come across a good classic white by Cuccio.

// Verdict

I think Mystery In Milan is my favourite out of the three but I like how Pinky Swear looks when you use it in nail art. Here's a quick look I did using all three shades (the leaves are Barry M Wild Mint). 


Exploring older shades is always fun but I'm really excited for their latest collection; Rainbow Sorbet which will be available for purchase at the beginning of June. It's an amazing collection of pastels; my favourite type of nail polish. I haven't bought a full Cuccio collection in a while so I think I'll be purchasing this one.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. First and last for me! The pink is nice, but think it would kill my ridges, but it is so darn pretty :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really streaky one which is a shame! I've found that newer cuccio shades tend to have a much better formula (and brush).

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig