A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Monday 11 May 2020

Electric Sorbet // Blue & Pink Gradient with Holo

Electric Sorbet // Blue & Pink Gradient with Holo

I have 1156 pins on my nail board on Pinterest and so today I thought that I would finally start doing some designs from it. I started off with this great design by @gottahavepolish. The colour scheme is very Pantone 2016 (the best year if you ask me)


Unfortunately the blue didn't turn out as opaque as I wanted. You can never tell with the Gelly shades; some are super pigmented, others are super sheer. I also have the white pattern on a Tropical plate however, when I moved back home for Quarantine I left most of my nail art supplies back at the house share so I'm having to make do with only 30 stamping plates...oh the horror 😂. 

I also like how on Pinterest you can add photos showing that you've tried the pin. For me it's like getting an achievement on Xbox; I can imagine it getting a addictive.

Electric Sorbet // Blue & Pink Gradient with Holo

Electric Sorbet // Blue & Pink Gradient with Holo

How I did it:-
I started off with a single layer of Wild White Ways to help the gradient pop. I then applied liquid latex to each finger and sponged the glitter holo onto my middle finger. I cut off the top off the sponge and then created the gradient on every other finger with Tropical Pink and Berry Sorbet. The stamp is the top right-hand design on Back To The 80s 04, stamped on with Glow Up. I then topped it all off with the Diamond top coat.


Polishes/Tools used:-
- Essence Shine Last & Go // Wild White Ways (white)
- Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine // Tropical Pink (pink), Berry Sorbet (blue)
- H&M // Standing Ovation (holo glitter)
- Twinkled T // Glow Up (white)
- MoYou London Stamping Plate // Time Traveller Back To The 80s 04
- Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy // Diamond Top Coat
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I like it, looks good. :-D

    Pfft no idea about Pinterest! Apart from my blogs, own site (which totally sucks and use basic HTML lol) and Bloglovin, I ain't got any social media!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I deleted my Facebook a long time ago and only have Twitter for work now. Pinterest is great though as it's just online mood boards that you can create. I have one board that's just full of mega mansions 😂 one can dream.

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig