A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Saturday 9 May 2020

SWATCHES: China Glaze // Pack Lightly, More To Explore & Pinking Out The Window

SWATCHES: China Glaze // Pack Lightly, More To Explore & Pinking Out The Window

So when googling "peach nail shades" a couple weeks ago I came across the most beautiful swatch and it turns out the shade was 'More To Explore' by China Glaze. I ended up googling the whole collection and damn...it's beautiful. I ended up purchasing my favourite 3 (I am trying to practice some self-restraint) but I can see myself getting the rest at some point in the future. The FabFitFun Summer Box Add-on/Customisation was this month as well so it was a pretty expensive month for me 🙈

Pack Lightly // Pale Peach Shimmer
Collection: Road Trip
Release Date: Spring 2015

China Glaze Pack Lightly Swatch

China Glaze Pack Lightly Swatch

China Glaze Pack Lightly Swatch

When looking at swatches it's quite difficult to make out the shimmer, so I thought it was a creme until it arrived and then I saw the slight golden particles in it. It is very difficult to see the shimmer though so it doesn't ruin it for me. This is almost identical to Nails Inc Peach Tease but slightly lighter (and with shimmer).

This isn't the easiest shade to apply. The formula is thin and runny, so make sure your brush isn't loaded up otherwise it will flood the sides. I also really hate the thin brush that CG used to use; thank the polish gods they changed it recently to a wide one. 3 thin coats are required to cover all the patches.

More To Explore // Peach Creme
Collection: Road Trip
Release Date: Spring 2015

China Glaze More to Explore Swatch

China Glaze More to Explore Swatch

I have a lot of Peach shades but I don't have a Peach shade quite like this one. I think it's the pink undertone that makes it so unique. I'd say it's the most "peach-like" that I have in my collection now. The formula is much better than the previous shade; it's slightly thicker and I found it easier to get neat edges without using a clean-up brush. Each layer is nice and glossy but the first one is super patchy.

If you're in a hurry, 2 coats is adequate, but 3 is really needed for full opacity. Just watch out for how much product is on the brush though, as the thinner consistency means it runs down the brush quickly and can flood the nail easily. 

This looks great when paired with Flip Flop Fantasy V2; I imagine they'd make a great ombre.

Pinking Out The Window // Pink/Peach Coral Creme
Collection: Road Trip
Release Date: Spring 2015

China Glaze Pinking Out The Window Swatch

China Glaze Pinking Out The Window Swatch

This looks so good with my skin tone. I've been sitting out in the garden as much as I can lately and I've finally started to go from a pale olive to a tan olive. My eyes are greener when I'm tan, my hair looks better, my nail polish looks better. I just prefer summer me over winter me lol.

Anyway, this is my favourite out of the three. The formula is a bit thicker allowing for the easiest application out of the three. If this had a Nails Inc or Ciaté brush it'd be perfect. It's just such a beautiful summery shade. I can imagine using it as the colour for hibiscus stamps.

I'm wearing 2 coats in the photo but I think 3 is actually needed to cover some slight patches.

//Verdict

Amazing collection, a must buy. Also, I've been coercing my nails into a short square shape. I think it's going well. I like how it allows my nails to be slightly longer yet it doesn't annoy me when I'm typing. I feel it makes my fingers looks slimmer as well. I still need to let the sides grow a little more though; I keep filing them to make the nails more squoval; I like the squoval look though.

Back to the collection though; there is a really nice teal, and green that I'd like as well. I wish more of CG's recent collection were like these. I'm really over the weird satin/jelly finishes they keep doing.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Both colors are beautiful nail polish. Both peach and pink coral. In my opinion suitable applied for daily use.

    Have a nice day.
    Greetings from Indonesia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really nice! I hate when you see the shimmer in the bottle and so darn hard to capture in the photos! Had that problem with a recent polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I need to get a ring light, my soft boxes keep diffusing the light and so the shimmer doesn't shine as well. It happens with holo polishes as well.

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig