A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Wednesday 24 June 2020

SWATCHES: Arcancil // Fleur De Cerisier, Pivoine & Magnolia


A completely new brand for me! TK Maxx re-opened last week and I had a couple of days off during the week so I went to my local store and almost cried from happiness. They didn't have much nail polish in but, what they did have were these 3 beautiful shades and 3 beautiful China Glaze shades.

So, I thought this was a random in-house brand however it's actually a French brand and each of these shades are 7.50euro each but I got them for £1.99 each.

Fleur De Cerisier // Light Peony Pink Satin Creme
Collection: Vernis Green
Release Date: ?
Coats: 3

Arcancil Fleur De Cerisier Swatch

According to google translate this means "Cherry Flower" and I'd say this shade is very reminiscent of the delicate leaves on cherry blossom trees (my favourite trees!) This dries with a satin finish and due to that it does have some brush strokes but a top coat will level that out. It is a little streaky and 3 coats are needed but it dries pretty quickly.

Pivoine // Light Peony Nude Creme
Collection: Vernis Green
Release Date: ?
Coats: 3

Arcancil Pivoine Swatch

This appears to be a light nude shade but by 3 coats it has a pink/peach undertone and I actually really like it. Or maybe it's just because I'm a bit more tan now (thank you sun), lighter shades are  now looking a helluva of lighter on me. This one also applies easier than the last and has a creme finish. Not Gelly levels of shine but still pretty nice. Once again though it does have some slight streaks that can be evened out by a top coat.

Magnolia // Clay Nude Creme
Collection: Vernis Green
Release Date: ?
Coats: 2

Arcancil Magnolia Swatch

I'd say this one is a bit too dark for my liking. Brown/reddish shades have never looked that great on me, I was hoping this one wouldn't have a red undertone. I think this would do well with a light beige in a watermarble to achieve a coffee design. This shade is the only one though that kind of self-levels.

// Verdict

Not to shabby for only £1.99 each, especially Fleur De Cerisier, that one is definitely my favourite. I think I might do an ombre with all three though and use some of the detailed flowers on one my MoYou Botanical plates with them.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I like the pink - others too browny for me. Lucky you our shops aren't opening until end of the month and that is only if the entrance/exit is outdoors - so shopping centres ain't opening apart from 'essential' shops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Our local shopping center had opened but I stayed well away. I literally just wanted Primark and TK Maxx. Shopping online for random nail polish just isn't the same lol.

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig