A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Friday 19 June 2020

SWATCHES: Barry M // Lilac Orchid, Pit Stop, Raspberry Sherbet, Strawberry Laces, Coconut Cream

SWATCHES: Barry M // Lilac Orchid, Pit Stop, Raspberry Sherbet, Strawberry Laces, Coconut Cream

Swatch time! Swatch time everybody! Here are the last 5 Barry M shades from my May haul. they're mainly oldies but goldies.

Lilac Orchid // Dusty Mauve Creme
Collection: Green Origin
Release Date: Spring 2020
Coats: 2

Barry M Lilac Orchid Green Origin Swatch

Starting off with the most recent is a new one in their Green Origin range. The other colours were a bit dark for Spring so I just went for this one. If applied slowly and carefully this is a stunning, self-leveling one coat wonder. I applied the first layer a bit too thin so I went in for a second coat but it's really not necessary. Barry M have really been knocking it out of the park with their new releases; the formula is on another level.

Pit Stop // Light Grey Mauve Creme
Collection: Speedy Quick Dry
Release Date: Winter 2015
Coats: 2

Barry M Pit Stop Speedy Quick Dry Swatch

I remember when this range was first released and I bought 4 of the brighter pastel shades. I went for this one because I don't have many grey polishes and I thought this would be good for smooshing and marble looks. It's quite streaky and I find thin coats are much better with this quick dry range as it prevents dragging. It also doesn't self-level as well as other Barry M polishes. I'm not wearing a top coat but one is needed to help level out some of the brush strokes left behind.

Raspberry Sherbet // Pastel Lilac/Pink Satin Creme
Collection: Candy Culture
Release Date: January 2018
Coats: 3

Barry M Raspberry Sherbet Candy Culture Swatch

Apparently these are supposed to be scented? In the bottle, there is a slight artificial sweetness cutting through the standard polish but once it started drying it had a stronger scent. I haven't eaten sherbet in a long time but this smells faintly of the raspberry sauce I'd put on icecream....or maybe I'm just projecting. This range dries with a satin finish and I found this shade to be streaky; it definitely needs to be built up with thin coats. It's such a cute colour though; perfect for spring/summer.

Strawberry Laces // Light Pink Satin Creme
Collection: Candy Culture
Release Date: January 2018
Coats: 3

Barry M Strawberry Laces Candy Culture Swatch

I love this shade! This one is my favourite out of the lot; its that perfect pastel pink with a slight hint of peach. It's quite similar to DND's Peach Buff but I'd say that this is an excellent dupe for Ciaté Tutu. Once it's dry though; the smell is really great. It reminds me of Chewitts.

Coconut Cream // Lilac Mauve Satin Creme
Collection: Candy Culture
Release Date: January 2018
Coats: 3

Barry M Coconut Cream Candy Culture Swatch

This one didn't really smell like coconuts until it had fully dried. The shade is great though as it's not quite grey but not quite lilac. I imagine this would look great with some negative space bits and detailed flowers stamped on. The formula on this one was a bit streaky and had a tendency to drag; as all the shades in this range did. I think I'm just spoilt by the Gelly formula at this point.
SHARE:

2 comments

Blog Design Created by pipdig