A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Monday 29 June 2020

SWATCHES: W7 // Stargazer & Blood Moon

SWATCHES: W7 // Stargazer & Blood Moon

Ah W7...it's been a while since I've purchased some of these OPI wannabe polishes, mainly because the last time I did I opened the bottle and felt my eyes melt; it contained formaldehyde.

Stargazer // Forest Green/Bronze Metallic Shift
Collection:??
Release Date:??
Coats: 1 with Black Base, 2 by itself

W7 Stargazer Swatch

W7 Stargazer Swatch

Now I don't have this polish with me (I'm still at my parents, our office doesn't seem to be re-opening any time soon...) but I have a Barry M shade also called Stargazer and they are exactly the same shade. I swear there is no difference. Only the ingredients in the Barry M one are less sketchy. These 2 do not smell great and the teeny tiny ingredients list is one of those multi-page peel ones. It took me a good 5 minutes to get the final layer which is where the actual polish stuff was (not just the colours used). These two are at least 3 free but I don't trust them.

This shade though is quite a green/brown earthy metallic duochrome. It's ok, it has some brush stokes and dries with a satin finish. The shift is more pronounce on a black base but it's not too bad by itself. The bronze tone is mainly dominant. I ended up adding some rose gold sparkles to the tips and it turned into quite a nice Christmas party look:


Blood Moon // Purple/Bronze Metallic Shift
Collection:??
Release Date:??
Coats: 1 with Black Base, 3 by itself

W7 Blood Moon Swatch

W7 Blood Moon Swatch

This is my favourite out of two; mainly because I do like a nice purple. This feels more like a November/December polish to me. On a black base it's mainly purple with the gold coming through at certain angles. I also like it on clear false nails as it has more of shimmery pink vibe and goes well with pink cremes. 

// Verdict

I think it's safe to say I will not be purchasing anymore W7 shades in the future. The brushes were clumpy with bristles bent out and the formulas are awful. I paid £1.99 each but that was from an outlet store; they cost the same as Barry M or H&M normally! An absolute rip-off. I was lured in by how pretty they look in the bottle. Overall they're somewhat pretty but the ingredients are very sketchy.

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. These are gorgeous :-D I can't say the smell bothers me too much. I actually don't have either of these, despite picking up W7 when I see them cheap! I must admit not having issues with the W7s I have tried - apart from the dense glittery ones being slow drying :-| Formulas and brushes have been fine :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a full wall of W7 at this shop near me called the Beauty Outlet; all the shades are £1.99. I have to stop myself from going in there 😂 so many shades. I don't mind paying £2 for them but I think their actual price is far too much.

      Delete
    2. Oh I know that shop! Been a few times :-D

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig