A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Tuesday 19 May 2020

Rose Quartz 2: The Rose-ening // Rose Quartz Nails

Rose Quartz 2: The Rose-ening // Rose Quartz Nails

I've been experimenting for a while now on how to create the perfect looking rose quartz nails that's simple and doesn't require gel or expensive products and well, here is another attempt. I think this is the best one yet but I think I can get it better. The lines need to be a little more blurred so next time I do it, I'm going to go over them with a little acetone to smudge them out.

Rose Quartz 2: The Rose-ening // Rose Quartz Nails

This is a pretty cheap look though, all the products used are under £4 each. The entire look would set you back around £25 but that's for 6 polishes, a stamping plate and a stamper so you can just keep doing the look over and over and over again.

Rose Quartz 2: The Rose-ening // Rose Quartz Nails

How I did it:-
Start off with 1 thin coat of H&M Aurora Mist for a shimmery lavendar/blue base. This is the key to getting that pink you see in the rose quartz. I've found that using an actual pink base makes the entire look too pink or dark. Lavender bases seem to work the best.

Added some veins using Barry M Cotton and stamps from Nicole Diary 76.

Then, I gently floated a layer of Essence Sweet As Candy over the first set of white veins. This is a sheer pink/white that offsets the lavender a little.

Added another layer of veins using the weaker off-white Mystery in Milan by Cuccio. This makes it look they are actually in the background without having to add many layers of polish.

Then I floated a thin layer of H&M Peach & Quiet. This is too peach for rose quartz but the lavender really calms it down.

The last step was to add a layer of H&M Beyond the Pale for extra shine and some added subtle blue sparkles in the sun!

Rose Quartz 2: The Rose-ening // Rose Quartz Nails

I will warn you that this will take some time to fully dry; about an hour to fully harden due to all the layers. You can add a quick dry top coat to speed it up a little but without gel all those layers will need time. I think next time I will sponge on a base of the lavender and a white polish so it's not all one colour and smudge the veins a little but I'm pretty happy with this one!

Rose Quartz 2: The Rose-ening // Rose Quartz Nails

SHARE:

2 comments

Blog Design Created by pipdig