A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Saturday 30 May 2020

The Classic // French Manicure Design

The Classic // French Manicure Design

Today I woke up and decided I wanted to some nice, clean, classic nails. I've never actually done a french manicure but I've been trying out new techniques (I've ordered some polygel as well) since I decided to become a part-time nail technician. 

This is my first attempt at a French Manicure. I started off with a layer of my favourite base coat; the OPI Infinite Shine Brightening Primer. Not only does it dry slightly sticky so polishes adhere to it well but it gives your nails a slight lavender shine as well.

The Classic // French Manicure Design

I then applied 2 layers of H&M Bleached Peach, which is a super sheer light nude. This is perfect for giving your nails a uniform base shade as it's sheer but never streaky. With these two, you could go ahead and do negative space designs without worrying about slightly stained naked nails peeking through.

For the tip I didn't want to use a super white shade and instead went for Mystery In Milan by Cuccio which is an off-white. I applied it using a fine striper brush from Mitty. This was actually easier than I expected.  I do need some practice though as the lines are a little wonky (and uneven). I like how much more natural this looks though than if I'd stamped on the white tip. I then added a top coat and I'm going to have to do something else with this H&M top coat because it's ridiculous; it takes forever to dry and when it finally does; the nail design is still soft and prone to dents. It's really awful.

The Classic // French Manicure Design

The Classic // French Manicure Design

I then, as usual, couldn't just leave it alone and ended up adding some leaves. I will add that in another post though.

The Classic // French Manicure Design

Polishes/Tools used:-
- OPI Infinite Shine // Brightening Primer
- H&M // Bleached Peach (sheer nude), All Clear (top coat)
- Cuccio // Mystery In Milan
SHARE:

1 comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig