A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Wednesday 27 May 2020

Strawberry Neapolitan // White & Pink Striped Nails

Strawberry Neapolitan // White & Pink Nails

I'm sat here staring at these photos with nostalgia of earlier this month when I hadn't chipped my nails and they were looking gloriously square. It took me a good couple of months to grow them into a square shape that I liked and then when I finally got them there I chipped the index finger whilst picking up my box of acrylic paint. I brushed it off and though "no worries, it will grow" but then chipped my middle finger a day later! 😭 So now they're back to my usual short oval shape. It prevents them from chipping at the sides but I really liked this shape.

That said, I don't know if I can deal with the sides chipping all the time. Those pointy sides are just chip magnets!

Strawberry Neapolitan // White & Pink Nails

Anyway I did this super simple look in about 5 minutes and there was no tape involved, no stamping, no tools; I just painted the white straight on top of the pink. I swear Barry M sacrificed several hundred goats to something because that white is just one coat. It's unbelievably pigmented. The two shades together remind me of Neapolitan ice cream and now I need to find a brown shade and re-do this look.

Strawberry Neapolitan // White & Pink Nails

Polishes/Tools Used:-
- China Glaze // Pinking out the Window (pink)
- Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine // Cotton (white)
- Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy // Diamond Top Coat

SHARE:

2 comments

Blog Design Created by pipdig