A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Tuesday 21 January 2020

Winter Sunrise // Peach & Lilac Ombre with Forests Nail Art

Winter Sunrise // Peach & Lilac Ombre with Forests Nail Art

Ahhhhh how cute is this look! I actually did it with a standard base coat but it still peeled off the next day anyway :( The one and only time I wanted to wear a look longer than 6 hours. I'm super happy with how this turned out though as it was one of those where I had no idea where it was going; I just wanted to paint my nails whilst watching Markiplier.

Winter Sunrise // Peach & Lilac Ombre with Forests Nail Art

This look was inspired by a recent morning drive to work. I live in the country side now and my drive is just back roads through rolling fields and trees in the distance all around. I glimpsed in my rear view mirror and saw this fantastic gradient sky that went from lilac to pink and then peach at the top. Then in front of me was the biggest, brightest full moon I have ever seen. I've honestly never seen the moon like that when the sun is rising as well. It was truly beautiful and I wish it was safe to pull over and take a photo but the roads are tiny and people get super pissed off if you stop on one because it's hard to overtake.

Winter Sunrise // Peach & Lilac Ombre with Forests Nail Art

This was also my first time using one of the new Noel plates from MoYou London's Christmas collection. I told myself in December I couldn't buy them (of course I wanted them all) and by some Christmas miracle I didn't buy them....But then their Boxing day sale happened and they were 50% off so I bought the remaining ones that hadn't sold out. This is the 06 plate and it features overlapping mountains, fir trees and tree trunks as well as deer and wolves. It's one of the best plates they've ever done and there's a mountain design I really want to do with them.

Winter Sunrise // Peach & Lilac Ombre with Forests Nail Art

To make it a bit more winter-y I toyed with adding some snow but didn't want to ruin it. I also wanted to add a matte top coat but holo...I ended up applying a layer of the trusty ol' Diamond Glitter from Barry M and it's perfect.

How I did it:-
I started off with a layer of Well, Well, Well which I won't do again because I forgot how long those Sally Hansen Argan oil polishes take to dry. I then sponged on a few layers of Peach Melba, Strawberry Icecream and Berry Icecream. I used Ghosted with the large fir trees which are the light grey ones and Smokey with the smaller fir trees in the front. I topped it off with a glossy top coat and then added Fairy Dust for some 'snow'.

Polishes/Tools Used:
Sally Hansen Color Therapy // 110 Well, Well, Well (off white)
Barry M Nail Paint // Berry Icecream (lilac), Strawberry Icecream (pink), Peach Melba (peach)
- Twinkled T // Smokey (dark grey), Ghosted (light grey)
Revlon Gel Envy // Diamond Top Coat
- Barry M // Diamond Glitter (scattered holo)
- MoYou London // Noel Collection 06
SHARE:

1 comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig