A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Thursday 2 January 2020

Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2019 // Days 15 - 21


Day 15
Gelology Top Coat

This was Day 5 in last years Calendar and I don't think I've used it since. I should really start using it more often.

Day 16
Rose Gold Mini Glitter Filer

I think I preferred the decals from last year. It's cute but impractical as my go-to filer. I'll put it in my handbag though for emergencies.

Day 17 
Paradise Lost // Pink to Gold Duochrome Shimmer


Paradise Lost Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2019

Paradise Lost Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2019

This was Day 21 in last years Calendar and one of my 'mystery shades'. I've realised now though that all the 'mystery shades' are just left over polishes from last years calendar. But anyway, I'm not really bothered about this repeat because I love it. I now have 2 mini's and a Full Size version because it's just such a beautiful pink to gold shimmer. I'm wearing two coats but you could possibly get away with 1 if applied slowly enough. The gold shift really makes this shade, it's one of those where you can't stop moving your hand back and forth in the light.

Day 18
Palm Springs Pool Party // Royal Blue Jelly


Pool Party Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2019

Pool Party Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2019

I'm really upset because this shade was the reason I bought this years calendar but, this mini was messed up in packaging and I received a blue jelly instead of the glorious blue shimmer that is Palm Springs. This is actually the shade "Pool Party" with an incorrect label on it as that polish is a blue jelly in this exact shade. It's very streaky and something feels wrong with the formula; like it's missing some key ingredient. It was nightmare to apply as well and went everywhere. The second coat makes it look like glass and it's a nice shade but not what I wanted (nor what was advertised).

Day 19
Splash! // Green/Gold Shimmer


Splash! Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2019

Splash! Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2019

This is the same formula as Supernova but instead of a pink shift, it has a green shift. I don't know if I would wear it by itself as it's not really my shade but it does look good on top of a dark base, which really brings the green to life. I'm wearing two coats.

Day 20
Summer Haze // Orange/Red Crelly


Summer Haze Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2019

Not quite a creme but not quite a jelly, I actually quite like this shade which is a first because I usually detest red shades. I think it's the warm orange tint; it goes well with my skin tone. This is a proper holiday shade (both summer and winter). One shade covers the nail with no streaks and with the tips slightly peaking through. Two coats give full coverage though. This is extremely similar to one of their other shades; Red Hot Chilli Pepper.

Day 21
House of Mirrors // Silver Linear Holo


House of Mirrors Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2019

House of Mirrors Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2019

This isn't A-England quality (which is surprising given they're the same price point) but it's not half bad for a mainstream polish brand. The first coat can be a little streaky but two coats does the trick. It does take a while to dry though.

// Verdict

An interesting week but overall not my favourite. Apart from Paradise Lost I can't see myself reaching for these shades all that often.

Days 1 - 7
Days 8 - 15
Days 22 - 24
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Oh man, I got your comment about Palm Springs! I have no idea what is going on with it! Did you email Ciate to ask them?

    My House of Mirrors dried really quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was touch dry quite fast but took a while to set. A-England polishes are the same though. They take hours to properly set.

      I've sent them an email and I'm waiting on a response but other swatches of Pool Party are exactly like this with Palm Springs being an obvious shimmer. I noticed your swatches from 2017 are completely different.

      Delete
    2. Oh you will need to let me know what they say. I think even the swatch of Pool Party from 2016 is different. Also it was stinky but the 2019 wasn't!

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig