A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Wednesday 8 January 2020

SWATCHES: Twinkled T // Desert Sunset Stamping Polish Bundle




Oh man, I have been lusting after this bundle for over a year and on Black Friday I finally took the plunge and ordered from Twinkled T when they had 30% off on their website. Shipping was $17 (ouch) however I somehow managed to evade import tax. The post angels must've been watching over me.

I love pastel shades and this collection is just a magnificent blend of pastel cremes and metallics. It really does remind me of the types of soft pinks and corals you see in those "desert bloom" photos on Pinterest.

Liquid Gold // Cool Gold Metallic

Twinkled T Liquid Gold Swatch - Desert Sunset Bundle

This is perhaps the most impressive gold stamping polish I've ever come across; it's exactly what I was after. All my gold stampers are that bright yellow gold with a warm tone. As a polish this is a stunning one coater that does leave some slight brush strokes but they're not that noticeable. 

As a stamping polish; it's even better. Fine details pick up beautifully and stick straight to the nail instead of lifting up. Sometimes it's a little too thick and pigmented and if the plate is loaded up too much it will pick up any extra left around the design. You only need to use a tiny amount; unlike most stamping polishes. 

Smokey // Dark Grey Creme

Twinkled T Smokey Swatch - Desert Sunset Bundle

Twinkled T Smokey Swatch - Desert Sunset Bundle

Another fantastic deep, one coat wonder. My brush was a little frayed which made application a little tricky but it doesn't affect stamping in the slightest. It handles small detail and fine lines easily and even works on top of black for a nice slight contrast. This shade would be perfect for marble looks as it's not too dark. I'll try smooshing with it!

Ghosted // Light Grey Creme

Twinkled T Ghosted Swatch - Desert Sunset Bundle

Twinkled T Ghosted Swatch - Desert Sunset Bundle

I really like this shade; it has a slight mauve tinge to it. I'd wear this on it own and it applies beautifully as well. This one misses some slight detail...but only slight. It looks great on top of darker shades

Coraline // Pastel Coral Creme

Twinkled T Coraline Swatch - Desert Sunset Bundle

Twinkled T Coraline Swatch - Desert Sunset Bundle

This is my favourite shade in the bundle and the one that caught my eye in the first place. I love pastel peach/coral shades and I'd say this is a perfect mix of the Nails Inc Kiss My Peach duo. This is definitely a stamping polish though as it doesn't apply as a normal polish all that great. I found the formula super thick and it left brush strokes. It also needs at least two coats (I'm wearing one in the swatch).

As a stamping polish though it really shines and that thickness in the formula provides a clean and opaque stamp. I'm really impressed.

Tickled // Soft Pink Creme

Twinkled T Tickled Swatch - Desert Sunset Bundle

Twinkled T Tickled Swatch - Desert Sunset Bundle

I didn't think I'd like this at first as it's quite bright in the bottle but it's actually a lovely soft pastel pink with a slight peach tint. It has the thinnest formula of them all but still stamps well on top of lighter colours though it does struggle with dark shades.

As a normal polish, it's a bit streaky for one coat, but two does the trick.

Dazed // Ice Pink Metallic

Twinkled T Dazed Swatch - Desert Sunset Bundle

Twinkled T Dazed Swatch - Desert Sunset Bundle

This is practically identical to Barry M Razzle Dazzle but stamps so much better. Whereas that is a chrome shade and doesn't stick to the nail well, this has lots of shimmer and performs the best with practically no missing spots.

// Verdict

Quite possibly the best stamping set I've ever bought. These perform so much better than the Born Pretty, Nicole Diary and MoYou London polishes. The MoYou polishes are so much more expensive as well and you get less. Even though I have to import these from LA, they're only $6 each and the postage is worth it. I'll definitely be buying more from them. I already have Vibin' and Liquid Vinyl; white and black stamping polishes and I seriously need all their shades. 

$32

SHARE:

1 comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig