A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Sunday 15 December 2019

Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2019 // Days 8 - 14



Day 8
Royal Reign // Midnight Blue Creme

Ciaté Royal Reign Swatch - Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2019

Ciaté Royal Reign Swatch - Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2019

This is a cross between Knee Highs and Total Eclipse; it's a super dark blue/grey creme that's ready in one coat if applied slowly. I'm really impressed with the formula on this one as it was super easy to apply and no clean up was required.

Day 9
Cyclone // Purple/Green Shimmer


Ciaté Cyclone Swatch - Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2019

Ciaté Cyclone Swatch - Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2019

Ciaté Cyclone Swatch - Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2019

This was Day 1 from the 2018 calendar and one of my 6 mystery shades. I love how this looks in the bottle but I still stand by the fact that it looks like a bruise when on the nails. It's just not a great combo. The first photo is the swatch from last year which is two coats on bare nails. The second and third swatches are one coat on top of a black base. I much prefer this as it appears more of a green/blue shift with the purple only coming out at certain angles. It's reminiscent of oil on water. Also, my nail photography skills have gotten so much better lol.

Day 10
Iced Frappe // Dusty Pink Creme


Ciaté Iced Frappe Swatch - Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2019

Ciaté Iced Frappe Swatch - Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2019

This was my very first Ciaté shade way back in the day. I got it in a Glossybox and it was my introduction to Ciaté and I fell in love with the formula and the bottle shape. I now have 2 mini's and full size as this was Day 6 in 2018's calendar. I'm wearing two glossy coats in the swatch.

Day 11
Pepperminty // Mint Creme


Ciaté Pepperminty Swatch - Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2019

Ciaté Pepperminty Swatch - Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2019


This was Day 17 in last years calendar and one of the days in the 2013 calendar. I swear every time I get this shade though it's a different colour. The 2018 is lighter, more sage-like than the 2013 (in the swatch my thumb is the 2018 and the wheel is 2013) and this 2019 one is lighter than both and more minty. The formula is also slightly watery for a creme and needs at least 2 coats but it's nice and shiny.

Day 12
Total Eclipse // Dark Grey/Blue Creme


Ciaté Total Eclipse Swatch - Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2019

This was Day 15 in last years calendar and is another one of my 6 'mystery shades'. I actually use this shade quite a bit as it's a lovely dark blue/grey that's not quite black but dark enough. One coat is almost enough by itself but two does the trick.

Day 13
Phantom // Blue/Purple Shimmer in Sheer Black Base

Ciaté Phantom Swatch - Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2019

Ciaté Phantom Swatch - Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2019

Ciaté Phantom Swatch - Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2019

Finally! I a new shade for me and an absolute stunner. This definitely falls into the "starry sky" type of nail polishes with it's dark jelly base filled with blue and silver shimmery pieces. 1 coat on top of black base gives a beautiful blue shimmer with a hint of purple every now and then. By itself, 2 coats is more than enough to build up the shimmer and cover any streaks.

Day 14
Gilded Goddess // Gold Flakie in Clear Base

Ciaté Gilded Goddess Swatch - Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2019

Ciaté Gilded Goddess Swatch - Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2019

This is a simple gold flakie in a clear base. It's cute but nothing to write home about, I already own a few like this. I'm wearing it on top of Ice Cold Milk from H&M and it's a perfect party look.

// Verdict

This week was a bit boring for me as I already have four of the shades. Phantom is definitely this weeks winner though and it'll be perfect for space looks.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Was pretty disappointed as there were so many doublers :-( But Phantom was killer <3

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig