A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Monday 9 December 2019

Nearly But Not Quite // November 2019 Nail Fails


It's time for some more nail fails! These three looks were done right at the start of November and I wanted to do so much last month but got hindered by the hideous looking nail. I like having short nails but that was ridiculous. Thankfully, it grew back enough in time for December because I was not missing out on snowflake and Ciaté swatching. But it meant that I didn't have much time to make it up and posts were sparse.

Autumn Falling



This wasn't supposed to be a nail fail, it was supposed to be glorious. I used watercolour paints and everything to create the burnt orange and red background. The problem happened after the stamping. The thumb used my most opaque white stamping polish and it looked pretty good. Some colour was still coming through but it wasn't obvious. I then applied the top coat and the white just turned to water and ruined the entire look. 

Winter Leaves



Now this wouldn't look so bad if it weren't for the horribly stained yellow nails shining through. I need to start wearing a base coat on top of my peel off base now as I keep getting horrible stains even when I'm only wearing polishes for an hour or two. Unfortunately I'm still growing out the stains on my ring finger so I can't recreate this just yet but it is a cute look so I might use a opaque background.

Forest Drag



What a drag. I enjoy doing drag marble looks however I chose the wrong shades for this one and there is way to much white. I'm trying to perfect that geode rock formation but it's not quite right just yet. 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Forest Drag looks interesting for sure! I do like it :-D

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig