A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Tuesday 18 February 2020

Just The Way You Are // Birchbox January 2020 Nails

Just The Way You Are // Birchbox January 2019 Nails

Yes, it is mid-February and I'm finally posting January's Birchbox nails. This was my second attempt and to be honest it just seemed hopeless but I finally ended up with something that I like. I also seemed to have found a way to do perfect quartz nails without sharpies or gel or layering a ridiculous amount of polishes. 
Just The Way You Are // Birchbox January 2019 Nails

I attempted to free-hand this look the first time round and it was an awful, lumpy mess with bad colour matching. The smoosh peach and white just kind of ruined it due to the peach being too strong. 
Just The Way You Are // Birchbox January 2019 Nails

This time around I decided to use a sheer peach polish for the marble and I ended up discovering the way to do quartz with one easy stamp. When you smoosh a sheer polish into a thicker one, the polish kind of disperses and becomes proper see-through creating that layered look that quartz does so well.

February's box may be just as late as well now seeing as how Hermes decided to deliver it to my old address instead of work. I've sent some postage money off to my dad and he's redelivering it for me. I'm seriously thinking of cutting this subscription, especially since I really don't need anymore products. 

Polishes/Tools used:-
- Cuccio // Verona Lace (off-white)
- H&M // Peach and Quiet (sheer peach)
- MoYou London // One and Only (light pink/peach)
- Twinkled T // Liquid Gold (metallic gold)
- Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy // Diamond Top Coat
- MoYou London Stamping Plates // Crystal 07
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Looks great, really like it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to recreate this look! But can you clarify what you meant with "When you smoosh a sheer polish into a thicker one"? Did you paint the thicker pewch one onto a mat and then smooshed the sheer peach into it? Or did you smoosh sheer peach into the thicker white?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! For this look, I place down the sheer polish first then place the thicker polish into it and drag it out using an orange stick, then smoosh it with the stamper :)

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig