A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Sunday 16 February 2020

SWATCHES // OPI Green On The Runway

OPI Green On The Runway Swatches

OPI Green On The Runway Swatches

Apparently this shade is from the spring 2014 Coca-Cola collection? That's right we've got a vintage one today. I found this in TK Maxx the other day for £3.99 and couldn't resist because the shift in the bottle is just beautiful; it reminds me of the Northern Lights. It's actually supposed to resemble a can of Sprite...but I don't see it. In the UK we drink Schweppes primarily for lemonade and then you have Sprite and 7Up as fancy lemonade brands. I think I remember cans of Sprite being that dark green colour but I never really paid attention.

OPI Green On The Runway Swatches

The entire collection is really weird though and makes no sense; they really should've called it the Soft Drink collection as I would've expected a red, a black, a white, a black/red shift and maybe even a dark brown textured one to resemble the coke bubbles. Here is what the collection looked like:


These swatches are by BeautyGeek. They also found the name and shade range just as strange as I did. Green on the Runway? How is that related....OH MY GOD! I just suddenly remembered this time back when I was 5 and we were flying back from Arizona to Manchester and we were stuck in a queue on the runway. Ahead of us, about to take off was a dark green plane with Sprite emblazoned on it. This was in 1996 though, so maybe not...I wonder if that plane is still flying around?

When I first saw this shade though, I knew it would be perfect as a base for some negative leaf stamps.

OPI Green On The Runway Swatches

OPI Green On The Runway Swatches

I definitely need to practice by stamping skills but I'm getting better thanks to rolling side to side and not top to bottom!

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love such a duochrome effect, mega unique shade <3<3 Regards:**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duochromes are amazing! They just look so pretty in the bottle that I almost don't want to use them 🙈

      Delete
  2. Got this and love it! In fact I got that collection when it first came out. :-D

    This is such an amazing shift, loved it then and love it now :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was kind of into nail polish back then but not as obsessed as I am now. I missed out on so many amazing collections 😭

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig