A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Sunday 24 March 2019

Girl Power! // Birchbox March 2019 Nails

Girl Power! // Birchbox March 2019 Nails

Girl Power! // Birchbox March 2019 Nails

I have finally posted this months Birchbox nails! I'm not mad at myself though because I've done a lot of work on my dissertation this month so at least I'm properly prioritising. A part of me can't wait until June when I've graduated and I can do my nails without feeling guilty.  

This months Birchbox wasn't exactly the most exciting box, I got a repeat product in the Paw Paw balm (which I've got about 5 of now...I don't even like it) but Birchbox promise to never send repeats and gave me a £5 voucher to spend in the shop instead so all is not lost. I'm also not a fan of the Charlotte Tilbury scent. I chose that once in the Feel Unique Pick 'n' Mix and it smells like cooked chicken; not exactly sexy. The bronzer is amazing though and I'm always happy to receive Nuxe face creams so I'm on the fence with this box.

Girl Power! // Birchbox March 2019 Nails

Girl Power! // Birchbox March 2019 Nails

The design was also not my favourite. I've been thinking all month about how to pull this off and eventually ended up with this look. It's not perfect; the polish smudged in places from the top coat and the lines are a little wonky. I also just don't like the colours together. Roll on to next months design, hopefully they'll have something cute and spring like now we're finally heading out of winter.

How I did it:-
I started off with two layers of I Wonder Where (I knew this was the perfect the grey the second I saw the box) then used the lines on Tropical 35 to create the stripes. The thumb was two layers of Play Date followed by the leopard spot design on Tropical 35. I used Night Sail for the spots and I Wonder Where to colour them in (on the stamper, then stamped it on). The letters are from Typography 04. They didn't have 'G' in the same size as the other smaller letters so I stamped on a 'C' and then changed it by hand...that's why it looks so messy.

It's not my favourite Birchbox look...in fact I think it's the worst one I've done so far but it does kinda look like the box. I also have an excuse now to go out and buy some dark navy stamping polish as I had nothing that matched the box.

Girl Power! // Birchbox March 2019 Nails

Polishes/Tools Used:-
Ciaté // Play Date (Strawberry)
Cuccio Colour // I Wonder Where (light grey)
MoYou London Polish // August Plum (grape purple)
MoYou London Polish // One and Only (light pink)
MoYou London Polish // Night Sail (dark grey)
Born Pretty Polish // #1787 (lightish red)
Born Pretty Polish // #4 (white)
Barry M // Matte Top Coat
MoYou London Plate // Tropical 35
MoYou London Plate // Typography 04

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig