A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Wednesday 29 May 2019

BEAUTY BOX: Latest In Beauty // Style Awards 2019 Box 2


BEAUTY BOX: Latest In Beauty // Style Awards 2019 Box 2

So I already bought a Style Awards box last month when it was released, however you could only buy one. Fast forward to earlier this month and they allowed subscribers to purchase another box at £25 instead of £30. They've now reduced it even further to £20 until the 31st May but it's slim pickings now. Since I have time now though, it's back to beauty box blogging for me! I've actually really missed it.

Vinylux Duo // CND 
2x 15ml Full Size 

CND Vinylux Tropix Swatch // BEAUTY BOX: Latest In Beauty Style Awards 2019 Box 2

I'm a little disappointed in the formula on this one. CND are supposed to retail at £10 each but the formula is like a born pretty stamping polish. It has this dull shine to it and is still a little streaky after two coats. However, these polishes have been designed to only work with each other. The top coat is nice and glossy but does take a while to dry. Both of them are described as 'chip resistant' and are supposed to become stronger as you wear it. I never tend to wear polish for more than a couple of days because there is too much to wear and too little time so chips don't bother me but for the price, I'd rather buy cheaper polishes like Barry M or H&M that have better formulas. The shade is nice and bright though.

95ml Full Size
£9.99

BEAUTY BOX: Latest In Beauty // Style Awards 2019 Box 2

I was sorely tempted to add this to the first box as I love Aussie products (and my hair loves them too) but other products won out. The idea of a hair mist is great. I remember years ago Chanel brought out a 'hair perfume' but that's £44 and this is a tenner. Plus, most Aussie products are 3 for 2 at Boots or superdrug so you can always get them cheaper. Aussie products always smell fantastic as well and after I've been cooking Tikka Masala; a hair mist is desperately needed. This one has more of a deep, nutty, earthy scent compared to the sweet conditioners but I still can't stop sniffing it. The size also makes it perfect store in your bag. Definitely worth a tenner.

Good Girl EDP // Carolina Herrera
7ml Sample Size
£10.36 based on 50ml for £74

BEAUTY BOX: Latest In Beauty // Style Awards 2019 Box 2

Perfumes are a huge weakness for me and after learning that this was a deluxe sample size (and came in a hella cute bottle) and I added to the box immediately. I had no idea what to expect but they were low as most 'designer' perfumes I've tried all smell the same; horribly floral and bitter. I think Armani Si is one of the few that I love. I am happy to report though that this is a beautiful scent. It comes in a small box with velvet on it and the heel bottle is great if (like me) you love collecting unusual perfume bottles. Straight away there is citrusy grapefruit notes but then it gives way to warmer scents like vanilla and chocolate. I'd say this is definitely a sexy smell and if it weren't £74 I'd have bought it already. Alas, I'm only a lowly junior software engineer right now and not particularly earning enough to warrant spending a months petrol on one bottle of perfume....one day though.

Nourishing Coconut Body Butter // Soaper Duper
200ml Full Size 
Discontinued

I'm not the biggest fan of Soaper Duper; I find their scents to be very strange and not pleasant (the tuberose hand cream made me gip) however I liked the Yuzu Fruit & Fig body butter I got in the LIB Spring Heroes box (which has also been discontinued) so I thought I'd give this one a try. I think this may have gone off though because it's sort of solidified to this jelly consistency and smells like plastic. I'm not impressed. It's a good thing its been discontinued. I'm annoyed I wasted a choice on this though.

Moroccanoil Treatment // Moroccanoil
25ml Travel Size
£13.45

I love this stuff, it's fantastic. I first used it last year in the LIB Grazia edit and ran out pretty quickly. I use this after my conditioning spray and my hair is just super soft and frizz free afterwards. I can see it leaving fine hair greasy though so it's more for those with thick course hair.

Discovery Set // Floral Street
8 x 1.5ml
£14

BEAUTY BOX: Latest In Beauty // Style Awards 2019 Box 2

I already have 5 of these Floral Street samples thanks to the Feel Unique Pick 'n Mix so passed up on adding it the first time but I'm starting to run out of the Ylang Ylang Espresso and Wild Vanilla Orchid. At first I loved the Ylang Ylang Espresso but thought it was a bit too masculine but now I don't care anymore because I love it. I'll be asking for this for my birthday. It also layers great with Wild Vanilla Orchid. Out of all the scents I'd say Black Lotus is the one I like the least but Floral Street are the only floral perfumes I like due to how sweet they all are. 1.5ml vials get a bad rap as being tiny samples but they are more than enough to figure out if you like the scent.

// Number of Items: 6
// 3 Full Size, 2 Travel Size, 1 Sample
// Estimated Worth: £61.70

At £25 this was a great way to try out some expensive perfumes but two items were duds for me. The Good Girl perfume is still available along with all the nail polishes (including the Kure Bazaar and OPI) but most of the items left are small sample sizes so I don't really feel it's worth £20 anymore. Keep your eye out on LIB though as they are releasing a new Summer edit next month (they're usually quite good) and hopefully the Style Awards edits will continue to happen every April as they're a great way to try out super expensive items.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig