A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Thursday 11 April 2019

SPOTLIGHT SWATCH: Kure Bazaar // Hope

Kure Bazaar Hope Swatch

Latest In Beauty Style Awards Box 2019

Spring is finally upon us! That's why I chose this beautiful teal green shade to go in my Latest In Beauty Style Awards box. There were quite a few other nail polish options to choose from but they were either red or coral red so I went for this (y'all know how I feel about red polish).

The Style Awards box is now one of my favourite times of year. It started last year and it's a special one-off curation of crazy insane products. You can pick 6 for £30 this year and all the products are items nominated in the The Sunday Times Style Awards. Most of my items were full size including an SPF face cream that retails at £92...yep. I love this box.

As this is a swatch post though, I'll chat about this polish first before a quick note about the other products.

Kure Bazaar // Hope

Kure Bazaar Hope Swatch
This lovely palm leaf shade is perfect for upcoming palm leaf mani's (shocker). I don't have a green shade quite like this and I'm always looking to expand on my green collection. This shade is very runny and I was a bit shocked as I'm used to just loading up the brush. Don't do that with this one or it'll flood. Clean up was simple enough but it does stain the cuticle area and my brushes are now bright green. Not even my pure acetone got rid of the stains on my brush. So make sure you wear this with a peel off basecoat or a really good base as it will stain the nail really bad after a days wear.

Even though it's quite a thin consistancy it stamps really well. Just load up the plate and perfect palm leaves. It isn't all that great on dark polishes but it works really well on top of white. I was very surprised.

Kure Bazaar Hope Swatch

I had never heard of this brand before but they are a french brand that aim to make sure their polishes are made up of 85% natural resources. Their website just says that all their polishes are "non-toxic" but no specific term such as 3-Free. I'm assuming they are at least 3-Free though as I can't smell any of that pesky Formaldehyde (John & Ginger state that they are 10-Free though). They have some beautiful colours though; especially in the pink/orange range, it's a shame they're £15 each though (that's more than my fav Nailberry!). They're also not stocked on any 'mainstream' websites but Lovelula, John & Ginger and Naturismo stock them in the UK.

//Other Products

As for the other products, here was my 'haul'
- Isle of Paradise Medium Self-Tanning Water (200ml Full Size - £18.95)
- Lumene Invisible Illumination Watercolour Blush in Coral Bloom (15ml Full Size - £22.50)
- CND SolarOil Nail & Cuticle Care Pen (2.5ml Full Size - £9.99, a review is coming soon!)
- NaturaBissé Diamond White Oil Free Brilliant Sun Protection (30ml Full Size - £92...I know right?)
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Pillow Talk (1g Sample Size - £6.85 based on full size)

Latest In Beauty Style Awards Box 2019

So including the polish I got a £165 box for £30. Not to shabby. LIB is a great subscription though in general as their contents are full size more often than not.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig