A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Saturday 27 April 2019

SWATCHES: H&M // Sun on Clay, The Heat is On, Monoi & Huldra

SWATCHES: H&M // Sun on Clay, The Heat is On, Monoi & Huldra

SWATCHES: H&M // Sun on Clay, The Heat is On, Monoi & Huldra

Ok so, I caved and ordered some more H&M polishes even though I got catfished by them a couple of months ago. The creme formula was actually nice and they brought out these new bright summer shades and I just love the bottle shape so much; I couldn't help myself. In fact I was so impressed with these polishes that I bought the rest of the collection.....who needs to eat???

This new collection consists of 9 shades; mainly cremes with a few shimmers. However, I have learnt my lesson with H&M shimmer shades now and their photos are not to be trusted in the slightest. Therefore, this time I have bought the shimmers with the lowest of expectations.

Let's talk about the first four shades though because they're my favourite (and I'm still waiting for the others to arrive in the post...)

Sun On Clay // Burnt Orange Creme

H&M Sun on Clay Swatch hm Nail Polish

H&M Sun on Clay Swatch hm Nail Polish

Yes to this shade. Yes to this formula. This is a stunning one-coater and I love it. These burnt clay shades seem to be all the rage this season and I'm totally living for it. 

Will it stamp? Yes and it looks great. It's not fully opaque but it does well on light and bright colours.

The Heat Is On // Orange Creme

H&M The Heat is On Swatch hm Nail Polish

H&M The Heat is On Swatch hm Nail Polish

H&M The Heat is On Swatch hm Nail Polish

Now this is a shade missing from my collection. I'm going to be doing so many sunset mani's this summer thanks to all the beautiful orange shades. This is almost neon it's that bright but it's not a cheeto-esque shade. It's a little thinner than the last shade and needs at least 2 coats but it isn't streaky or washed out. This is a perfect poolside shade

Will it stamp? I'd say this one stamps the worst but the detail is still there. This would look much better on top of bright, light colours as it loses detail on darker shades.

Monoi // Citrus Green Creme

H&M Monoi Swatch hm Nail Polish

H&M Monoi Swatch hm Nail Polish

It's very tempting to call this a yellow and I've noticed a recurring joke with polish shades now; is it yellow or is it green? It's almost as divisive as the white and gold dress....I firmly believe this is on the green side but it does have some yellow/citrus tones. It's more like a very ripe lime. Whatever it is, I love it and it's my favourite of the bunch. I just adore these types of green shades and this one matches my skin tone wonderfully as well. It needs at least two coats to achieve full opacity but it's well worth £3.99.

Will it stamp? Yes but it's quite muted. I had high hopes for this shade and it looks nice but it creates more subtle looks.

Huldra // Muted Denim Blue Creme

H&M Huldra Swatch hm Nail Polish

H&M Huldra Swatch hm Nail Polish

Another shade that is nothing like any other blue in my collection; I think this has become one of my favourite blues as it's also ready in just one coat if applied carefully. Plus it's super glossy. In the online photo this almost looks like a shimmer; it just goes to show how off their images are. This is definitely one you need in your collection though.

Will it stamp? Yes and handles detail well but don't expect any amazing colour pay-off as it's quite see-through. This is great for designs where you need the stamp to be intentionally weak (as I often do these days...).

// Verdict

I'm shocked, especially after the disappointment of the last H&M polish haul. This batch has well and truly restored my opinion of h&m's beauty range. These polishes are well made, look beautiful and perform excellently. I can't wait for the other 5 shades to arrive (although I'm still skeptical about the shimmers). I really wish they'd given this collection a name though, like 'sunsets and no regrets'. The shades are just super bright but not neon and perfect for the summer months. Well done h&m!

SWATCHES: H&M // Sun on Clay, The Heat is On, Monoi & Huldra

...psst. All the stamping images used the MoYou London Explorer 30 plate (in case you were wondering).
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig