A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Tuesday 23 April 2019

SWATCHES: A-England // Mustardseed A Fairy, Crown of Thistles & Waltz of the Flowers

SWATCHES: A-England // Mustardseed A Fairy, Crown of Thistles & Waltz of the Flowers

Urgh, my poor bank account this month. With the new releases from MoYou London and my inability to stop buying things from Born Pretty, I thought I would've sated my nail art desires this month. But no, A-England had to make their Gem of Month two STUNNING shades that I don't have. And who can resist A-England? Especially at £4 each? They also still have some polishes left in their outlet...so I bought 4 more sneaky polishes at £3.75 each......This post will contain April's gem of the month shades plus another one I bought and then I'll do a second post on the other A-England shades I have...I need to start doing more swatch posts.

Mustardseed A Fairy // holo coral pink shimmer

A-England Mustardseed A Fairy Swatch

Oh jeez, oh man. This shade is just *italian hand gesture*. I knew this would be something special from the moment I saw it and now I have it on I never want it to come off. It's like holographic strawberry jam. And boy the holo is strong with this one. It's quite a chunky polish compared to some other A-England but that just makes it better. It also have a little bit of a iridescent shine to it so it's not boring when you can't see the holo. This one is a little bit sheerer than most AE shades and I'd say 2 coats and your good to go. It does take an age to dry though so it's good that 1 coat looks great by itself. I am mesmorised by this shade; I can't stop staring at it.

If there was a ever a holo polish to buy; it's this one.

Crown of Thistles // holo amethyst shimmer

A-England Crown of Thistles A Fairy Swatch

This is an electric purple that makes me want to put on some epic rock music and go to the club lol. The holo isn't as strong in this one and it has a slight satin finish but it's still a great, fun shade. It feels like this is the type of holo finish the China Glaze OMG collection were going for as this shade and Mustardseed a Fairy are eerily similar to BFF and TTYL, however they did originally come out in 2008, so who's copying who? Either way, these are far superior.

This is a one coater (like most AE shades) but beware again of that drying time.

Waltz of the Flowers // holo light blue to purple multichrome with hints of lilac

A-England Waltz of the Flowers A Fairy Swatch

You know, I have a few of these grey-ish bullet coloured chrome shades that shift between grey and pink but this is on another planet. The holo keeps this alive at all angles from a dark deep grey to a light lilac. The difference between the two though really gives an added depth to the shade.

I can tell this is an older shade as it has one of the older thinner brushes and it's quite a sheer formula. Not streaky but does require two coats for maximum effect. This was the last shade I added from the outlet as I had already chosen a grey shade and this one looked to be a little different. It's not another silver holo polish and definitely stands out on it's own.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig