A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Thursday 18 April 2019

Mani & Lola April 2019 // Nail Subscription Box

Mani & Lola April 2019 Nail Subscription Box

Mani & Lola April 2019 Nail Subscription Box

Mani & Lola April 2019 Nail Subscription Box

I'm back with a Mani & Lola post! I've sat out on the last three boxes (really wish I hadn't for last month though) as I had too many subscriptions and something had to give. However, now I'm nearing the end of my degree (5 weeks left...eek!) I decided to start it back up again because I miss receiving my monthly surprise polishes. 

All this month they've been teasing nude shades over their insta and I'm happy to say we've got two beautiful nude cremes, a stunning dark pink creme and some nice shimmers. It's a great box to come back to; especially because all the products are full size. Let's get into some swatches!

Cuccio Colour // Take Your Breath Away
Collection: Coquette
Release year: 2019

Cuccio Take Your Breath Away Swatch - Coquette 2019 Collection

I'm very happy to see this in the box as I was going to buy the collection anyway, but now I only need 7 instead of 8. This shade is from Cuccio's new 2019 Coquette collection so it's amazing to see a brand new shade in the box.

Take Your Breath Away is a soft lilac hue that needs a minimum of two coats. This is a perfect spring shade.

Will it Stamp? Yes, technically, but it is a sheer creme so it won't produce outstanding results. I would use this for when I need a design to be somewhat transparent.

Morgan Taylor // Up in the Air-Heart
Collection: Sweetheart Squadron
Release year: 2016

Morgan Taylor Up in the Air Heart Swatch - sweetheart squadron collection

I LOVE Morgan Taylor polishes and this shade is just beautiful. This shade is a few years older than the last as it's from MT's Fall 2016 'Sweetheart Squadron' collection. Up in the Air-Heart is pastel coral shade that needs a minimum of two coats. I don't know why they originally released this at Autumn because this is perfect for Easter looks.

Will it Stamp? Yes, and the detail is good but this another sheer creme that is quite transparent. It doesn't do well on darker shades but makes a nice contrast against white.

OPI // Samurai Breaks a Nail
Collection: Tokyo
Release year: 2019
OPI Samurai Breaks a Nail - 2019 Tokyo Spring Collection

Another brand new shade! Hailing from OPI's latest 2019 Tokyo collection is this deep purple shimmer. At first I thought this was Berry Fairy Fun from their Nutcracker range and whereas the colour is similar Berry Fairy Fun is chunkier in glitter pieces and a little lighter. I think this is the strangest polish to include in a spring box, it feels more like a Christmas party shade to me.

This one turned out to be very sheer and needs at least three coats and in true OPI fashion doesn't apply all that great. It has lots of sparkles in it though with the majority being lavender shade and then chunkier bits of red and blue scattered about. I think this is my second to last least favourite out of this months selection, however it's really annoying because it looks like space nails straight out of the bottle in photos..it literally does not look like this is real life.

Will it Stamp? Yes and better than I thought it would. It is a little sheer but looks great against lighter colours. You also get that nice iridescent sheen to it 

ORLY // Seize The Clay
Collection: The New Neutral
Release year: 2018

ORLY Seize the Clay - 2018 The New Neutral Collection

Oh man do I love this shade. I loved it when I saw the spoilers and I love it even more now I have it. This shade is quite recent as it was part of the Fall 2018 collection, 'The New Neutral'. This dark pink shade only needs one coat but you can add another for a little more 'depth'. This is my favourite colour from this months box, I can already see the flower art I'm going to do with it. Thank you Mani & Lola for bringing this shade into my life.

Will it Stamp? Yes and it's quite strong on light backgrounds. It does struggle with intricate details though.

NailsInc // Mermaid Playsuit
Collection: I Believe in Unicorns
Release year: 2017

Nails Inc Mermaid Playsuit Swatch - 2017 I Believe in Unicorns Collection

I believe this collection came out back in June 2017 as that's the earliest I can find any info on it. It appears to have started as one of those deal sets on QVC that eventually makes its way into mainstream. I know that year the Nails Inc Christmas collections were all about Unicorns cause I bought one. NPD are sneakily calling this a 2019 collection??

Anyway, this is a simple sheer blue to pink shimmer. It needs at least three coats and it's my least favourite of the bunch. It's a bit too icy and I'd prefore more blue pigmentation.

Will it Stamp? It does but you wouldn't want to use it as there is barely any pigment in the design. It adds that pearlescent glow to the design but that's it.

//Verdict

A solid month! It is a little strange that they included two Fall shades in the spring box but I guess they can't include brand new collections in every box. It would've been nice to see something from the new Jessica Tea Party collection, I'm drooling over that right now. But other than that I can't really complain this month, roll on the summer collections!!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig