A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Saturday 28 August 2021

SWATCHES: OPI // Bubble Bath, Barre My Soul, Suzi Nails New Orleans & Meet A Boy Cute As Can Be

SWATCHES: OPI // Bubble Bath, Barre My Soul, Suzi Nails New Orleans & Meet A Boy Cute As Can Be

I'm trying to get proper swatch photos of all the polishes in my collection so I'm now going through some polishes I got a while ago but never swatched. 

Bubble Bath // soft baby pink creme
Collection: Infinite Shine Iconic Collection
Release: September 2016
Coats: 3

OPI Bubble Bath Infinite Shine Swatch

I finally got my hands on a Bubble Bath shade. I've been wanting this for a long time but it's such an "in-demand" shade it's either out of stock or eBay wants £15 for it. I managed to snag an infinite shine version for £6 thanks to the auction format. First of all I love the shade once it's been built up through 3 coats but it's not what I was expecting. This polish is used a lot in rose quartz nails but the Infinite Shine version is to opaque to be used with layering. it's also really streaky. You need to apply this in 3 strokes or less to prevent dragging.

Looking at other swatches though I have a feeling this bottle is from a bad batch or it's gone thick as this is definitely not sheer and it should be. I can't even see my tips after only 2 coats and that's why the streaks annoy me so much. Streaky cremes are awful. I stopped at 3 coats but I'm kinda disappointed. I guess I'm still on the lookout for the perfect rose quartz shade.

Barre My Soul // sheer nude creme
Collection: New York City Ballet
Release: April 2012
Coats: 3

OPI Barre My Soul Swatch

Photos of this online make it look way more pink than it actually is. In person it's more of a soft sheer beige with a pink undertone. If this was more pink it would be great for quartz nails but alas, it's more nude and very streaky; far streakier than Bubble Bath. I wouldn't call this a jelly formula due to the streaking and brush strokes, it's more like a tinted base coat. Layering would work though but the streaks become more noticeable with each layer.

The entire collection is a weird one though. All very sheer polishes that practically look the same apart from the grey one which makes your nails look dead.

Suzi Nails New Orleans // barbie pink creme
Collection: New Orleans
Release: February 2016
Coats: 3

OPI Suzi Nails New Orleans Swatch

Another streaky shade. I stopped at three coats on this barbie/flamingo pink shade but it definitely needs a top coat to level things out. It's a shame because I like quite a few other polishes from this collection but a few sites note how patchy and difficult they are to work with.

Meet A Boy As Cute As Can Be // pastel yellow creme
Collection: Grease Infinite Shine
Release: July 2018
Coats: 3

OPI Meet A Boy As Cute As Can Be Infinite Shine

Another streaky one but the formula is easier to work with but urgh. Look at those streaks on 3 coats! The shade saves it for me though as I love shades like this. It reminds me heavily of one of my all-time favourites; Lemon Sugar from Avon. I'd say the Avon one is a tad more yellow. Pastel yellow is just so fresh and fun; you can't go wrong with it.
SHARE:

1 comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig