A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Monday 30 August 2021

Nautical Tips // Nautical Style French Tips Design

Nautical Tips // Nautical Style French Tips Design

I'm not sure what to make of this look. I originally wasn't going to post it but not every mani can be flawlessly executed. I've been buying up lots of gel polishes lately to practice freehand painting with and straight lines are hard. I also had difficulty figuring out the centre of my nail lol.

I also wanted to do something that was actually nautical from last months challenge as mermaid nails aren't strictly nautical.

Nautical Tips // Nautical Style French Tips Design

For this quick look I started out with 2 layers of Thirsty Nails then painted the tips with SC01 (white gel). Using a fine liner brush I attempted some lines with 619. They're not completely awful if viewed from several feet away lol. I will say I love the shade; it's super vivid and wonderful to paint with. I felt like the look was lacking something so I added the gold (856) to hide where the blue and white meet.

This was super fast thanks to the gel because I can just cure it for 60 seconds and away you go. I used these on top of my usual peel off basecoat and it was amazing to not have to wait for drying or worry about the polish drying out whilst painting.

Nautical Tips // Nautical Style French Tips Design

Polishes/Tools used:-

- Nails Inc // Thirsty Nails (sheer pink)
- Nicole Diary Soak Off Colour Gel // SC01 (white)
- Beetles Gel Polish // 619 (blue), 859 (gold glitter)

SHARE:

1 comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig