A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Sunday 11 November 2018

Five Hand Creams #1 // Transformulas, Treacle Moon, Dr Organic, Natura Brasil & Kiehl's

Five Hand Creams #1 // Transformulas, Treacle Moon, Dr Organic, Natura Brasil & Kiehl's Review

Welcome to another new segment of the blog! I go through hand cream like water so I thought I'd document my experience with all the different ones I try out. I'm subscribed to a ridiculous amount of beauty boxes as well and I receive at least 1 every month through them so, when one is empty or close to empty I'll be lumping them all together for a "Five Hand Creams" post. Kind of like how Markiplier now does videos called "3 scary games". Lets get into them shall we?

Transformulas // Youthful Hands & Feet (75ml - £18.16)

I chose this as one my items for my Latest In Beauty subscription a few months ago and as you can see it's taken a beating. This is expensive for a hand cream and I'm kind of miffed at just how tatty the packaging has become. Clearly it's made on the cheap. It leaves your hand covered in silver glitter which would be great if I was coachella, but I'm not. I'm at work....The cream itself has this weird sweet chemically/sweaty foot smell which isn't completely unpleasant but it's not great. It's said to be an "invisible glove" and it coats the skin but leaves it feeling dry yet moisturised. It's really weird and I'm not sure if my hands are actually dry or that's just the hand cream. It's about to run out and I won't be running out to re-purchase it.

Treacle Moon // My Coconut Island Hand & Nail Balm (75ml - £2) 

On the much cheaper end of the spectrum is this hand cream from Treacle Moon. Not only is the name adorable but the product is as well. This one I received way back in May as part of a now discontinued beauty box called With Love Beauty Box. It was my first experience with the brand but I've since purchased two more of them in the Marshmallow and Raspberry flavours. This one is light with gently coconut scent that won't assault your senses. It's more of a lotion than a cream that doesn't intensely moisturise but it feels nice. Nice enough that I keep re-purchasing (the price helps as well).

Dr. Organic // Snail Gel Hand & Nail Elixir (50ml - £16.49)

Another cream I chose in last months Latest In Beauty box because it sounded very different from other hand creams I've tried but I don't think this is a hand cream. The best way I can describe it, is as a serum but for your hands, so something you would apply before hand cream for extra moisture. It comes in a very handy pump bottle which is something I've never seen on a hand cream before and I think all hand creams should come like this in the future. It also has a beautiful and sharp lemongrass scent which offsets your expectations of some horrible snail mucus. It does come out of the pump looking a bit....ahem suspicious as it's very liquidy and milky white.....but it absorbs quickly without a hint of greasiness. It's a nice product and suitable for vegans and I'm kind of on the shelf if I would purchase it. If I see it on offer in Holland & Barrett, I will though, I just don't think it's worth £17. 

Natura Brasil // Ecos Cacau Creamy Hand Balm (75g - £13.70) (40g sample shown)

Another beauty box find. This one was from the Work It special edition from Birchbox a couple of months ago. I've never heard of this brand but it has one of those immensely fiddly screw tops which takes an age to get back on properly. At least it's in a tube where you can squeeze out every last drop easily. This is a wonderfully thick butter style cream it's just a shame about the scent. It's quite bitter and floral; not my tastes but it does leave my hands feeling soft. This is currently my bedside hand cream so it doesn't get used as much as others but I can't wait till runs out so I can replace it with something that smells nicer. 

Kiehl's // Ultimate Strength Hand Salve (75g - £15)

The only one out of this selection that I actually purchased. I bought this way back in March after trying a sample from the Feel Unique Pick 'n' Mix. I honestly really love this hand cream and it's one of the few that I will willingly re-purchase. It has a lovely peppermint scent to it and is a thick consistency that's not quite a butter but not a cream. It leaves my hands feeling coated and satisfied and you can buy a huge 150ml version for just £4 more on Feel Unique. It's an expensive hand cream but one that I feel is worth the money.

Have you got any to recommend? Or any you detest? Let me (and others) know below!

*none of the links in this post are affiliated, just ones I found off google
SHARE:

1 comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig