A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Wednesday 7 November 2018

Halo Nights // Pink & Nude Wanderlust Design

Halo Nights // Pink & Nude Wanderlust Design - Morgan Taylor, Avon & Born Pretty

Halo Nights // Pink & Nude Wanderlust Design - Morgan Taylor, Avon & Born Pretty

When I first did this I really loved it and couldn't wait to take pictures and show it off. Life happened and I couldn't get posts up as fast as I wanted and now when I look at the pictures I just think meh. It was kind of rushed because I really wanted to use the shades in something but I didn't know what. Also, the edges are really messy and clean up just couldn't fix it.

Halo Nights // Pink & Nude Wanderlust Design - Morgan Taylor, Avon & Born Pretty

I'm really into that sheer pink glossy look  that you can get from gel nails right now and these new halo shades from Avon really fit that bill. I ended up doing 5 layers of sponging to get this ombre look of  Halo Rose & Halo White where it was opaque enough to see the different shades but still transparent enough to see the nail tip slightly...if that made any sense.

I think on it's own this would have looked nice however, I applied the liquid latex too close to the nail and when I was removing it it tore up the sides of the nails and there was no saving it. I've just invested in some MoYou liquid latex which was put in their sale for £3.50 so I'm hoping that will be a little better than the £1 Born Pretty one I bought of Wish.

I ended up stamping some gold stars and a moon from the new Tropical 36 plate. I love the wanderlust design but depending on the polish, the thin writing doesn't pick up easily. I would use this again though as the moon reminds me Sailor Moon. Born Pretty actually do a Sailor Moon plate though and I just want to throw my money at them.

Halo Nights // Pink & Nude Wanderlust Design - Morgan Taylor, Avon & Born Pretty

Look out for a full swatch post though on these Halo nude shades as I bought the entire range from Avon; I just don't have the time to fully swatch them right now.   

Halo Nights // Pink & Nude Wanderlust Design - Morgan Taylor, Avon & Born Pretty
              
Polishes/Tools Used:
Avon True Nail Wear Pro+ // Halo Rose (pearlescent rose pink)
Avon True Nail Wear Pro+ // Halo White (pearlescent white pink)
Morgan Taylor // Sweetest Thing (rose gold holo glitter)
Born Pretty Stamping Polish // #1 (gold)
Revlon // Quick Dry Top Coat
MoYou London // Tropical 36 Plate

EDIT 07/02/2019
I've finally got round to swatching the entire Halo collection now and you can check it out here:
->Avon Halo Collection
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig