A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Friday 1 February 2019

SWATCHES: Avon True Colour Pro+ Nail Enamel // Halo Nudes Collection

SWATCHES: Avon True Colour Pro+ Nail Enamel // Halo Nudes Collection


So, a couple posts back I did swatches on Avon's new Cosmic Lights collection and in the same order I also bought the entire Halo series they debuted in that book as well...because nail polish.

Yeesh...a couple of posts back? The Avon Cosmic Lights collection was posted on 17th October 2018...that's how long I've had this post lying in the draft folder. And why? Well here was what I wrote near the end of October:

I'm a sucker for all things pastel and pink and well; this range is just pastel and pink. Also in the brochure they also look like they had a slight pearlescent sheen to them which is something I don't have in any pastels so I thought they'd be a good addition to the collection. Avon brochures are notorious though for swatches but when they finally arrived I was relieved to see that they are brimming with shimmery-ness.

That said, it's taken me a good month to swatch them all (blatant LIES) as these aren't the greatest formula. Due to how sheer they are I thought I could skip a few steps by applying them under a white base coat; don't do this. The white throws off the colour and makes it look dirty and real cheap. Also, they don't look great on top of black. Sure you see the shift easier but it kind of looks like a milky white substance with a colour shift applied on top of black polish; it's not great. You need to spend the time building up 4/5 layers on top of bare nails for the best result. 

Ok, so admittedly I swatched one, got annoyed and couldn't be bothered to do the rest. But now I've done them because they've been sitting in my 'to swatch' pile for months and I just want to get it over and done with. Also, they seem like a good post for February what with them being soft and pink (for the most part.)

Halo White // sheer off-white with pink shift
Avon Halo White Swatch - Avon True Colour Pro+ Nail Enamel // Halo Nudes Collection

Avon Halo White Swatch - Avon True Colour Pro+ Nail Enamel // Halo Nudes Collection

I've swatched this polish so many times it's not even funny anymore. The first time I stupidly did it on top of white base; this does not look good layered on anything, just lumpy. It still looks lumpy and I just can't abide it. It's not that it takes 4 layers just to even get anywhere but it takes so long to dry in between coats and even after a quick dry top coat, you can't do anything with your nails for a couple of hours or it'll smudge. Not a great polish.

Coats: 4

Halo Nude // sheer very pale peach with green shift
Avon Halo Nude Swatch - Avon True Colour Pro+ Nail Enamel // Halo Nudes Collection

Avon Halo Nude Swatch - Avon True Colour Pro+ Nail Enamel // Halo Nudes Collection

This is practically the same as the first shade only it has a green shift to to it. I can't see myself using this for anything because like Halo White, it takes to long to dry and I now have polishes that can achieve this look much faster and with nicer results.

Coats : 3

Halo Pink // sheer pale pink with blue/purple shimmer
Avon Halo Pink Swatch - Avon True Colour Pro+ Nail Enamel // Halo Nudes Collection

Avon Halo Pink Swatch - Avon True Colour Pro+ Nail Enamel // Halo Nudes Collection

This is quite a nice Princess shade...from far away. Up close it's a bit streaky and milky but not completely awful. I don't think it quite matches my skin tone  but I wouldn't rule out using it for a look as I like the shift.

Coats: 3

Halo Rose // sheer pale pink with rose shimmer
Avon Halo Rose Swatch - Avon True Colour Pro+ Nail Enamel // Halo Nudes Collection

Avon Halo Rose Swatch - Avon True Colour Pro+ Nail Enamel // Halo Nudes Collection

Ok, so back in November when I did the Halo Nights design, I was wondering why it took me so many layers to achieve any sort of colour pay off. Now I know why; this shade is practically non-existent. It appears to be a beautiful pastel pink in the bottle with bright rose shift, however on the nail it's almost a clear polish with a rose shimmer shift.

One coat gives the nails a nice shine with a slight shift in the sunlight. Two coats gives your nails a nice sheer pale look with the shimmer. Like the last shade, I think these would be great a Bride nails as they're extremely understated but soft and romantic.

Coats: 3

Halo Lilac // sheer pale lilac with red & blue shimmer
Avon Halo Lilac Swatch - Avon True Colour Pro+ Nail Enamel // Halo Nudes Collection

Avon Halo Lilac Swatch - Avon True Colour Pro+ Nail Enamel // Halo Nudes Collection

And the last shade in the collection is the most opaque. I like this shade, I think it suits my skin tone quite well plus, I can see myself using this for another design as it's very princess-ey. I'd say this is my favourite out of the bunch, however I may be bias because I tend to gravitate towards lilac shades anyway. The shift is quite hard to see on this one and you need to be up close but it's very pretty.

Coats: 3

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//
And I'm done! I'm finally done! I only received these shades at the end of September.....I can finally put them away on my shelf (if there's room, I just made that thing and it's already almost full...)

Usually, I love Avon polishes however this collection was quite a let down and turned out nothing like the photos.


Look how pigmented those swatches are! They're so much darker than what they really are and that's what I thought I was getting. But that's what you have to put up with when ordering from Avon. I paid £3 each for them and £15 is a good price for 5 polishes but I really don't think these are worth it. Especially since I don't think I'l be using most of them again. They just take to many layers and take an age to dry.

SWATCHES: Avon True Colour Pro+ Nail Enamel // Halo Nudes Collection


Looks done using these shades:
-Halo Nights // Pink & Nude Wanderlust Design
-Lace // Clairestelle8 Valentines Challenge
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig